Old 05-09-2014, 03:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Levitar - Vector (by Les Bird)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-10-2014, 11:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Levitar - Vector how to play without using any IAPs

Greetings,

I am the developer of Levitar - Vector and I'm going to tell you how to play the game without using any IAPs.

Levitar - Vector is a game about managing your ship's fuel. When you run out of fuel the game is over. If you have no more credits to purchase fuel you can choose to continue the game by using an IAP to obtain more credits or you can choose to start a new game. If you choose to start a new game you keep all your ship upgrades and all your equipped weapons. The only thing you lose are your credits and your score.

So for example, if you've equipped the Death Blossom weapon for your ship and you start a new game, you still have the Death Blossom weapon. If you upgraded your ship to tier 2 and start a new game, you still have your tier 2 ship.

As you complete levels you gain credits. The best thing to do is stock up on credits and use them to purchase upgrades in the following order:

1. Dual cannon - this will shoot 2 projectiles in a spread so that your aim does not need to be as accurate. You can usually clear a level pretty rapidly with this weapon.

2. Ship upgrade - upgrading your ship does two things. First, your ship has more thrust so it takes less fuel to fly. Second, your projectiles travel faster (higher rate of speed) so they (a) travel farther before timing out and (b) they are more accurate.

3. Reverse cannon - this upgrade will shoot projectiles out the rear of the ship so you can blast enemies below you without having to point your ship down.

4. Death Blossom - fires a spread of projectiles in a 360 degree pattern with a recharge time of 5 seconds.

5. Beam weapon - fires a railgun-like weapon destroying anything in it's path with a recharge time of 3 seconds. If you line up several enemies you can wipe them all out with a single shot.

Although you may have to start a new game a few times, once your ship is upgraded and equipped enough you'll find that you get much further along in the game the next time through. During my testing after upgrading my ship and equipping it with powerful weapons I was able to stock up more than 100K credits for fuel purchases. I believe that eventually you would get to the point where you'll be earning more credits than you spend allowing you to play the game forever and never having to use any IAPs.

Now with that said if you wish to support an indie developer then feel free to use one of the IAPs (0.99 to 4.99). It would be much appreciated. Think of it as a "pay what you want" price where you get the full game for free and you decide what it's worth.

Of course if you have any feedback on how I can make the game better please feel free to comment.

Thanks and I hope you give the game a chance.

- Les
Old 05-11-2014, 12:27 AM
iPad Air

Huge Gravitar fan here, and I'm enjoying Levitar so far. Thanks for posting he tips on how to avoid IAPs; it's very generous of you. If I could make one suggestion to entice folks like me who generally don't buy consumables; try offering a credit doubler for $2-$3. I usually buy these types of upgrades and i think there are others like me out there, wary about consumable purchases.

Love the physics, by the way. I think you got the momentum just right.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:53 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I totally agree with Ubisububi! This game is great, I was a huge fan of that game too and this one is really well done!
Old 05-11-2014, 12:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Love thrust type games. Tried this but it's tilt only controls isn't it unless I'm missing an option to change it

Shame it's tilt only or I would give the a go for sure
Old 05-11-2014, 02:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

icade compatible would make this game even better!
Old 05-11-2014, 02:15 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
icade compatible would make this game even better!
It is iCade compatible - and MFi.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Huge Gravitar fan here, and I'm enjoying Levitar so far. Thanks for posting he tips on how to avoid IAPs; it's very generous of you. If I could make one suggestion to entice folks like me who generally don't buy consumables; try offering a credit doubler for $2-$3. I usually buy these types of upgrades and i think there are others like me out there, wary about consumable purchases.

Love the physics, by the way. I think you got the momentum just right.
That's a great idea Ubi. Why didn't I think of that? I'll include that in the next update. If you have more ideas just let me know and I'll see what I can do about getting them in.

- Les
Old 05-11-2014, 08:20 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Love thrust type games. Tried this but it's tilt only controls isn't it unless I'm missing an option to change it

Shame it's tilt only or I would give the a go for sure
Yes it is tilt only. I tried to adapt it to the device features and tilt seemed like the logical move. The problem I have with virtual buttons is that on a small screen they take up too much screen space, your fingers get in the way and you can never tell by feel if you are touching them or not.

Also, the game is compatible with iCade and MFI controllers so if you have either of those then your experience will be better.

- Les
Old 05-11-2014, 08:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesbird View Post
Yes it is tilt only. I tried to adapt it to the device features and tilt seemed like the logical move. The problem I have with virtual buttons is that on a small screen they take up too much screen space, your fingers get in the way and you can never tell by feel if you are touching them or not.

Also, the game is compatible with iCade and MFI controllers so if you have either of those then your experience will be better.

- Les
Also, one other note. To use iCade or MFI controllers just link the controller and push any button, the game will detect it and automatically switch control schemes.

- Les