★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mode_44
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 91.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: What is Linearis? Its a game designed to make you think. A game designed to challenge you, and to entertain you in a brand new fashion. Linearis is a unique take on the classic Match 3 game, with some innovative twists to push your wits to the limit.
Match 3 or more orbs together by linking them horizontally, vertically, or both. Orbs can be right next to each other, or across the screen. Im sure it sounds like a cakewalk, Im sure. But I assure you, youll be in for a hefty surprise. This game will throw some serious obstacles your way, designed to punish you, but with the right amount of brainpower, Im sure youll prevail.
Perhaps. :)

jthreatt44's comments:
iOS 7.1.x users: Bugs have been addressed! Have fun!

I wanted to introduce to you all a game that we've just released. And...why yes, it is a match 3, but hopefully with enough of a unique flare to keep ya engaged a tad bit longer than the some of the other ones out there.

Hopefully you enjoy:

05-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Yes, finally!
Already downloading it!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

05-11-2014, 02:46 PM
lol Awesome! I appreciate your patience! :D
05-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Looks very cool gonna try this out!
05-11-2014, 04:32 PM
I've been waiting on this. I'm really diggin' it..... Good job guys
05-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Can someone describe some more details of this game. Ie. how do you lose?
05-11-2014, 06:02 PM
@stormyspop1: Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
Can someone describe some more details of this game. Ie. how do you lose?
@Tastyfish: Well, there's three different game modes: Classic, Survival, and Challenge mode.

-Classic plays like the old-school match 3s, where you fill a gauge to advance to the next level. The game ends when there are no moves available. There's various obstacles that will reduce the amount of moves you can make as you advance through the levels (many of these obstacles show up in the trailer.)

-Survival is a "how long can you last before you lose" mode of play. Keep the gauge filling as long as you can while the difficulty ramps up over time.

-Challenge mode is more akin to the new school way of playing match 3s, in which you complete various goals in order to advance. i.e. get 5,000 points in 20 moves, clear the board, etc.

That's kind of a quick synopsis of the mechanics of winning/losing. Hopefully you enjoy, if it piques your interest
05-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Downloaded game, got weird title screen, rebooted phone, got same screen. Randomly hit areas of the screen, went to glossary couple of times, then able to start a classic game with tutorial.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	72821  
05-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Played for a bit. It's interesting, tutorial could do a better job of explaining power ups and obstacles. I'm still not sure exactly how to use anything except the bomb.

I guess I'm spoiled with other match 3s having a RPGs type of progression instead of just chasing a high score.

Game was okay, then I hit the menu button, and the attached screen happened. I tried hitting different areas, kept opening up my email and then i must have hit quit? I guess I didn't find the right place to hit 'resume'.

Going to wait for a bugs update.

Not jail broken, iPhone 5.
05-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Here's the weird pause screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	72823