★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Assemble your team of Champions and face-off against your opponents in the game that redefines turn-based tactical combat.
What the Reviews say:
9.0/10 Gamezone.com
8.8/10 Appszoom.com
10/10 Techdtudo.com.br
8/10 Gamingnexus.com
4.5/5 onrpg.com
4/5 Gamezebo.com
83/100 testmania.de

Set in a unique Ætherpunk world in which powerful masters and their champions fight it out for control of valuable Æther, Aerena offers gamers a deep and variable strategic experience, packed into 10 minute play sessions. Plan your strategy, build your team, equip powerful Æther shells and outwit real-world foes to dominate the battlefield and become an Æther Master.

Deep tactical action

Aerena combines deeply strategic turn-based gameplay, character collecting and team building into a truly unique experience thats built for gamers. Battle it out across an ever-changing range of arenas to destroy your enemies, knock their airships out of the sky and become a true Æther Master

High-end 3D graphics

Aerenas powerful game engine has been especially optimized for mobile. Zoom in and out of the battlefield and savour the incredibly detailed combat animations.

Battle against thousands

Plan your strategy and prove your skills in against thousands of real-world online opponents. Join the League and climb up the tiers to win great prizes.

Build your team of Champions

Creating the right team determines victory or defeat on the battlefield. Champions each have their own way of attacking as well as truly unique abilities and special powers to make sure no battle is ever the same.

Huge range of challenges

Earn in-game money and experience every day by taking on new challenges for endless replayability .

Bite-sized gameplay

Designed to be played anytime, anywhere Aerena lets you jump into a match for a quick 10 minute gameplay fix at home or on the go.

Earn huge rewards to turn the tide of battle

Dominate your opponents to earn valuable experience and level up. Use cash youve earned to turn the battle in your favor with new Champions, airships and game-changing packs of Æther shells.

Experience multiple arenas

Adjust your strategy, defense tactics and your team to suit the arena that youre playing on. Strategically placed tiles with special powers will help or hinder your progress.
05-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Looks like I have no excuse not to try this if you're able to use the same account across iOS and Steam. Looking forward to having my butt handed to me by the other forumites!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.

05-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Wowa. Have never heard of this. Anyone else know much about it? Looks definitely worth a try.
05-12-2014, 09:52 PM

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
05-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Can find plenty about the Steam version but I really wasn't expecting this on iOS otherwise I'd have levelled away on it to get an advantage :P looks very pretty and I don't remember being put off by the IAPs listed in the store page (The Supporter Pack for people that don't want to pay to play is a nice way to support the devs)

05-12-2014, 09:58 PM
very interesting! I will check it out tonight!
Much thanks Fete!!
05-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Well worth the time

I've played the Steam version quite a bit now and I have to say that it's well worth the time. For the asking price it's crazy good.

Some things to note:

This is a nuanced game but is very quick to pick up and play.

Completing the tutorial bits will net you enough cash to buy a champion.

Matchmaking is fast and I always matched up with someone.

There's an SP component for you to hone your skills against increasingly difficult opponents.

Enjoy this gem. I'll be playing it for some time to come
05-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Hell yea it came out on steam originally on PC. I own it, it's a total bad a$$ game. I would definitely try it. You'll love it, it's not some no-name out of the blue release. This was planned for mobile for some time now. Enjoy
05-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Well, tutorial done and first match against a human completed. Really enjoyed it, there are some subtle tactics I need to pick up but I didn't feel underpowered despite their owning three premium heroes. I can definitely look back and see where I went wrong as opposed to seeing where I was outmatched which is nice. Going to be keeping this one on my device, I'm not normally one for multiplayer games like this but it's interesting and there's a single player facet to it too.

05-12-2014, 11:48 PM
What's the single player angle on this game.. with the assumption that I'm not a MP person? Not for me?

And then the regular question (if there's single player), is it online only? Thanks guys! Looks gorgeous. I don't own ios7 yet but I'll probably get this once I buy an iphone6.

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa