Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-14-2014, 05:22 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Hyper Square (by TEAM SIGNAL)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 05-14-2014 at 10:28 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 05:28 AM

This is a really really fantastic twitch game. I helped beta test and it's honestly loads of fun. Gets ridiculously frantic and is extremely enjoyable. Each level introduces a new me jinx which is reall really cool
Old 05-14-2014, 05:28 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Really fun, I like this game. Move the box to the correct positions, cool.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:23 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

So at a glance, Hyper Square may not seem like much. All you need to do is drag squares. How hard could that be?

And it's true. Playing Hyper Square is easy, thanks to responsive controls. Playing Hyper Square well is a different matter however

If I were to compare Hyper Square to something, it's like a mix of Neurokult and Squ4re, with a dash of Super Hexagon's lightning fast reflex-testing pace, but with its own unique style and gameplay. Each screen, you're presented with a square and must drag the square into a vacant spot before time runs. Before long, you'll only have a few seconds to react and three squares but only two openings, or squares that need to be dragged in two different directions.

And that only describes one mode. The rest need to be unlocked by reaching a certain score in the other modes and each layers new mechanics, such as needing to scale and rotate squares

The first level or two ease you into the mechanic and then it evolves into a twitchy frantic reflex-testing puzzle/action game. Like the best in the genre, you'll only have mere moments to react and levels quickly become frantic, white knuckle races against the clock. The minimalist art only elevates the game more, offering a slick abstract style

Last edited by Bronxsta; 05-14-2014 at 06:30 AM..
Old 05-14-2014, 06:25 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

My only question before buying this is if the typos got fixed in this version. Said that on the upcoming thread but got ignored, so I will ask again.

Typos for the Spanish translation btw
Old 05-14-2014, 06:33 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Woah, didn't expect to have this thread popup so quickly, thought I should somehow transfer the upcoming thread to here :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
My only question before buying this is if the typos got fixed in this version. Said that on the upcoming thread but got ignored, so I will ask again.

Typos for the Spanish translation btw
I'm really sorry and I totally didn't mean to ignore you
The typo is fixed on our side now but we're thinking to collect some more possible typo errors before submitting to Apple since it will take a week for Apple to approve our app again.

Thank you so much for pointing that out! Now I just hope there isn't anymore typos in the game...

Last edited by szu75; 05-14-2014 at 06:37 AM..
Old 05-14-2014, 06:46 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by szu75 View Post
Woah, didn't expect to have this thread popup so quickly, thought I should somehow transfer the upcoming thread to here :P

I'm really sorry and I totally didn't mean to ignore you
The typo is fixed on our side now but we're thinking to collect some more possible typo errors before submitting to Apple since it will take a week for Apple to approve our app again.

Thank you so much for pointing that out! Now I just hope there isn't anymore typos in the game...
OK awesome! =) I understand, there is marketing behind the release date and pushing it back its not good. And much left for a tiny thing. Rest assured, the game looks awesome and if Bronxsta recommends it I im! 11 hours left.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-14-2014, 08:00 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I made a short gameplay video a while back when we were still developing, it will give a sense to what's the game is actually about.
**warning** contains minor spoilers so if you want to enjoy the game fully, don't watch this video!

Old 05-14-2014, 09:22 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Just announced on Twitter, Pocket Gamer and AppSpy will be streaming Hyper Square on twitch in 2 hours!!!

link: twitch.tv/AppSpy