• Publisher: Yakuto
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 242.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1009
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: ** Selected as one of the App Store's "Best of 2014" **

Warning - due to the game's high speed, this game won't run on iPad 1, iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4th gen

If you like games that are fast, fun and challenging, and jam-packed with content and beautiful graphics, then you'll love Table Tennis Touch - the #1 critically-acclaimed table tennis sensation.

Battle your way through three epic career levels, earn Reputation to unlock tournaments, leagues, throwdowns and insane mini-games. Serve, spin and smash your way to success by defeating 32 unique players in seven stunning arenas. Table Tennis Touch is fast, really fast - prepare yourself!

FEATURES

Career mode
Quick Game mode
Arcade mode featuring 12 mini games
Unlockable bats
Advanced physics and AI
No in-app purchases - everything is unlocked with skill
Game Center leaderboards and achievements
Progress shared across devices with iCloud
COMING SOON - multiplayer!

CRITICAL ACCLAIM

"If you dont like table tennis, this game may convert you. Its that good."
- Cult of Mac

"...an awesome four dollar table tennis game that you can pay for once and enjoy forever."
- Touch Arcade

"I'm pretty sure I'm developing a sports injury from playing too much Table Tennis Touch."
- Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)

"...will leave your heart pounding and your fingers twitching."
- The Sunday Times

"...one of those games you think you'll just dip into every so often, but find yourself playing compulsively on the sofa."
- The Guardian

"Table Tennis Touch should be twice as expensive as it is...it's an unbeatable app that deserves your attention."
- TUAW

ABOUT YAKUTO
We're a small team of three based in London. Find out more about us at www.yaku.to or follow us on Twitter @yakutogames

JOIN US
www.facebook.com/TableTennisTouch
www.twitter.com/TableTennisTch
www.tabletennistouch.com

FEEDBACK OR QUESTIONS?
We'd love to hear from you so drop us a line at wiffwaff@tabletennistouch.com
05-14-2014, 06:53 AM
Looks good. Hope to see some
reviews.

05-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraudi2k View Post
Looks good. Hope to see some
reviews.
Looks amazing. I'm frightened about installed size though. App size is 240MB...
05-14-2014, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Looks amazing. I'm frightened about installed size though. App size is 240MB...
Yes. That is a bit concerning for something so basic. Does look really awesome though.
05-14-2014, 07:47 AM
I remember seeing Rockstar Table Tennis and being so impressed with the visuals. Now we have handheld games that look even better than that!

I feel a little odd getting so excited about a Table Tennis game though, may wait for impressions from those with older hardware as I have severe doubts it will run lol

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.
05-14-2014, 07:56 AM
05-14-2014, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I remember seeing Rockstar Table Tennis and being so impressed with the visuals. Now we have handheld games that look even better than that!

I feel a little odd getting so excited about a Table Tennis game though, may wait for impressions from those with older hardware as I have severe doubts it will run lol
Don't worry, you can still play both table tennis and regular tennis with an iPad 2.

Exhibits A and B:

Can't hug every cat.
05-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Game Impressions

Wow...looks so great

Last edited by Chaos_u; 05-15-2014 at 03:38 AM.
05-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Are these full 21 points games? Some games in the App Store are cut down 11 point games

Thanks

GaZ

Ps I do get excited by table tennis games
05-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Hi all, I'm James one of the developers of Table Tennis Touch. I'm not here to promote, just to answer any questions you might have:

@VirtualBoyFreak: the download size is something we've battled with. We have some lovely big arenas that all have retina graphics, and those graphics take up a lot of space. Also, Table Tennis Touch is a Universal app, so if you buy it for you iPhone it will also work on your iPad. But that means we have a few more graphics on board. I think it's worth it ;-)

@ImJPaul: I can understand why you'd think it's a basic game! But it's not just plain table tennis matches (although there are a lot of them). We have 6 different types of mini-games that you play with a table tennis bat (skittles, little house, half table ...). You can see them in our trailer and screen shots. Having coded them all, I can tell you they're not that simple!

@GaZ-OiD: sorry, but they are first to 11. But you can do best of 5 sets. We found that hardcore table tennis players sometimes wanted 21 points but most people found it too long.

If anyone else has any questions I'll keep an eye on this thread and reply as soon as I can.

Thanks,

James