Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-15-2014, 04:09 AM

Default Thomas Was Alone (by Bossa Studios)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Apparently launching today for 5.99

Seen loads about this game, but never played it. Its been rejigged for iPad with a new control scheme and sharper graphics.

Worth getting? What sort of game is it?

EDIT: Just watched a vid review of the PS3/Vita version and seems pretty cool. Might pick this up.

Last edited by pbb76; 05-15-2014 at 04:14 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 04:20 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Wow, getting a huge David. and that dying cube game vibe. I wonder if it's worth the price? The reviews in the description has really piqued my interest.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:23 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Wow has impressive reviews.

I might have to (gulp) back up my rants about people waiting for cheap prices and buy this (surprised at the higher price !).

But yeah had great reviews, i'll watch the videos in a bit and probably get it soon
Old 05-15-2014, 04:28 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Wow has impressive reviews.

I might have to (gulp) back up my rants about people waiting for cheap prices and buy this (surprised at the higher price !).

But yeah had great reviews, i'll watch the videos in a bit and probably get it soon
Yes, this game looks like a must buy, but I am not sure an INSTABUY. Unless people are going to start comparing this game to the room and monument valley for its magicness, I think I may wait a little on this.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:36 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Arrrgh just realised its ipad only ! Doh !

Until its universal i'll then avoid, shame as after watching the trailer it looked pretty good, quite like these abstract platformers with a bit of a strange story to them
Old 05-15-2014, 04:40 AM

Interesting Game. The Reviews so far seem to be more then positiv so I guess I will just jump into the cold water and give it a try
Old 05-15-2014, 04:41 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Arrrgh just realised its ipad only ! Doh !

Until its universal i'll then avoid, shame as after watching the trailer it looked pretty good, quite like these abstract platformers with a bit of a strange story to them
It looks magical, I'm praying that it is. I need my fix
It's strange that it's ipad only. It definitely looks like it would fit on an iPhone. Bummer.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:45 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Yeah it's a nifty indie game that was also released on Vita. Everyone should give it a try because it has so much charm. There's also a narrator that tells a story during the game.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:47 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemerleb View Post
Yeah it's a nifty indie game that was also released on Vita. Everyone should give it a try because it has so much charm. There's also a narrator that tells a story during the game.
Oh, that explains the price. It's a port.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:48 AM

Default Game Impressions

Just checked my Steam account and low and behold its one of the hundreds of unplayed (undownloaded even!) games I have.

Just installed it and yea, its definitely very cool. Basic platformer, 100 levels (though not too much challenge according to the review I saw), but the narration feature (by UK presenter and author Danny Wallace who I really like) is very good as it tells the story of the characters during each level.

I dont think I'd drop 5.99 on it personally now I know I have it anyways, but can see why they want it to be seen as a premium game as its very nice indeed.

Not sure about how it would control on iPad, but the original developer said he was very happy with the controls on the port. He said he originally ported it a few years ago just using Unity's "export to iPad" feature, but it was horrible and didnt feel right - but the new version is what he wanted it to be.