App description: - Selected in App Store Best of 2014
- BAFTA 2013 Winner: Performance (Danny Wallace as Narrator)
- BAFTA 2013 Nominee: Story
- BAFTA 2013 Nominee: Original Score

Meet Thomas, a curious rectangle, and help him unravel the mysteries of his existence in a wonderfully strange world. Experience 100 levels of award-winning platform gameplay and take part in an emotional story narrated by Danny Wallace.

Across the games gaps and hazards, theres a real emotional journey filled with narcissism and jealousy.
New York Times

"Sumptuous visuals and an engaging story."
The Guardian

It proves that you don't need tens of millions of dollars and hundreds of staff to make a game story worth telling, just a good hook, an engaging vision, and a whole lot of heart.
9/10 Destructoid

"Thomas Was Alone is a winning piece of minimalist game design that manages to do a lot with a little in an industry which far too frequently achieves the exact opposite, and it deserves much praise for that."
8/10 - Official Playstation Magazine

Key Features:
** Experience the BAFTA winning, million selling game from creator Mike Bithell, now an Universal app available for iPad (iPad 2 minimum), iPhone (iPhone 4 minimum, iPhone 4S & newer recommended) and iPod Touch (iPod Touch 5 minimum)!
** A minimalist game about friendship and jumping
** 100 levels, one immersive journey
** Award winning story narrated by Danny Wallace
** Includes FREE Benjamins Flight level pack, giving you more story and 20 additional levels to play through with young Benjamin, who goes in search of the Fountain of Wisdom aided by his father's incredible invention.

pbb76's comments:

Apparently launching today for 5.99

Seen loads about this game, but never played it. Its been rejigged for iPad with a new control scheme and sharper graphics.

Worth getting? What sort of game is it?

EDIT: Just watched a vid review of the PS3/Vita version and seems pretty cool. Might pick this up.
05-15-2014, 04:20 AM
Wow, getting a huge David. and that dying cube game vibe. I wonder if it's worth the price? The reviews in the description has really piqued my interest.

05-15-2014, 04:23 AM
Wow has impressive reviews.

I might have to (gulp) back up my rants about people waiting for cheap prices and buy this (surprised at the higher price !).

But yeah had great reviews, i'll watch the videos in a bit and probably get it soon
05-15-2014, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Wow has impressive reviews.

I might have to (gulp) back up my rants about people waiting for cheap prices and buy this (surprised at the higher price !).

But yeah had great reviews, i'll watch the videos in a bit and probably get it soon
Yes, this game looks like a must buy, but I am not sure an INSTABUY. Unless people are going to start comparing this game to the room and monument valley for its magicness, I think I may wait a little on this.
05-15-2014, 04:36 AM
Arrrgh just realised its ipad only ! Doh !

Until its universal i'll then avoid, shame as after watching the trailer it looked pretty good, quite like these abstract platformers with a bit of a strange story to them
05-15-2014, 04:40 AM
Interesting Game. The Reviews so far seem to be more then positiv so I guess I will just jump into the cold water and give it a try
05-15-2014, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Arrrgh just realised its ipad only ! Doh !

Until its universal i'll then avoid, shame as after watching the trailer it looked pretty good, quite like these abstract platformers with a bit of a strange story to them
It looks magical, I'm praying that it is. I need my fix
It's strange that it's ipad only. It definitely looks like it would fit on an iPhone. Bummer.
05-15-2014, 04:45 AM
Yeah it's a nifty indie game that was also released on Vita. Everyone should give it a try because it has so much charm. There's also a narrator that tells a story during the game.

PSN: Keiser-One
05-15-2014, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemerleb View Post
Yeah it's a nifty indie game that was also released on Vita. Everyone should give it a try because it has so much charm. There's also a narrator that tells a story during the game.
Oh, that explains the price. It's a port.
05-15-2014, 04:48 AM
Game Impressions

Just checked my Steam account and low and behold its one of the hundreds of unplayed (undownloaded even!) games I have.

Just installed it and yea, its definitely very cool. Basic platformer, 100 levels (though not too much challenge according to the review I saw), but the narration feature (by UK presenter and author Danny Wallace who I really like) is very good as it tells the story of the characters during each level.

I dont think I'd drop 5.99 on it personally now I know I have it anyways, but can see why they want it to be seen as a premium game as its very nice indeed.

Not sure about how it would control on iPad, but the original developer said he was very happy with the controls on the port. He said he originally ported it a few years ago just using Unity's "export to iPad" feature, but it was horrible and didnt feel right - but the new version is what he wanted it to be.