★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mobile Game Ideas? Please help me brainstorm!

05-16-2014, 01:08 PM
#1
Joined: May 2014
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 6
Mobile Game Ideas? Please help me brainstorm!

Hello, I decided to create a mobile game. I need some ideas so i would appreciate your help. Please DO NOT post your ideas in the comments section of this thread! Message me them instead so they do not get stolen.

Thank you!

Mason Rogers
05-16-2014, 03:25 PM
#2
To create a great mobile game you need to know what business model you will use.

Then, choose a genre of game that you like and that peoples like. Try to find others already done(all have been done before).

1/ think how to do better (graphic, gameplay, ...)
2/ think how to do different (feature, functionnality, ...)
3/ mix both

Then you will have a futur hit.

It is very diffucult to do. I already create 2 mobile games and developing a third. Then for the fourth I will use this way to do.

05-16-2014, 03:47 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 566
I know, how about a game where you are a small bird... you have to tap the screen to make him flap up, so he can avoid the pipes that enter the screen from the right.

The game would have graphics similar to the early Mario games. It'd be a hit!
05-16-2014, 04:48 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
Hello, I decided to create a mobile game. I need some ideas so i would appreciate your help. Please DO NOT post your ideas in the comments section of this thread! Message me them instead so they do not get stolen.

Thank you!
you mean msg them to you instead so you can steal them?

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
05-20-2014, 08:10 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
you mean msg them to you instead so you can steal them?
Technically they're asking you to give them away.

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And a bunch of other games you've never heard of!
05-20-2014, 09:45 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLYGAMe View Post
I know, how about a game where you are a small bird... you have to tap the screen to make him flap up, so he can avoid the pipes that enter the screen from the right.

The game would have graphics similar to the early Mario games. It'd be a hit!
It will fail.
05-20-2014, 03:11 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelosis View Post
It will fail.
Why? It's such a unique idea, never been done before!
05-21-2014, 03:16 AM
#8
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 99
Well I have tons of ideas but ideas doesn't lead to a great game necessarily.

My dev blog - including app sales reports!
Silent Depth - a submarine game
Facebook
05-21-2014, 03:43 AM
#9
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaron View Post
Well I have tons of ideas but ideas doesn't lead to a great game necessarily.
Haha same. I have SOOOOO many unfinished projects...
05-21-2014, 03:49 AM
#10
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 99
Indeed! Oh all these countless hours I'd need!

Anyway, back to topic: Don't even think that anyone would steal ideas. Ideas itself are pretty worthless. The hardest part is to make any idea into an fun(!) game.

Maybe you could just tell us first, what kind of games you like? It doesn't make much sense that you create a game without passion.

My dev blog - including app sales reports!
Silent Depth - a submarine game
Facebook