★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rene Plehn
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 47.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Only a madman would take this road, but you have no choice!
Buckle up and test your reflexes! Burn rubber and outrun the crazed trucker chasing you through the desert wastes.
Swerve around obstacles, collect power-ups and nuts - you're gonna need them!

Put the pedal to the metal and race your friends to the top of the leaderboards!

Trailer: http://youtu.be/N6d6bIL82wk

PeteOzzy's comments:
Reminds me of Zombie Highway crossed with Richard Matheson's Duel. It's lacking a little something but it definitely doesn't deserve to go unnoticed.

05-16-2014, 09:01 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 2,347
I'll give it a shot. It looks pretty good and I love these kind of games. Thanks for the find Pete!

05-16-2014, 09:04 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: 1 mile away from your location
Posts: 577
Official Trailer:

05-16-2014, 09:19 PM
#4
I only played a few minutes and I'm enjoying it. But there's not much variation.. No missions or achievements. You control the car by tapping the left and right side of the screen, in the middle you can activate a power-up. There are different control options in the settings. Power ups can be upgraded in the shop.
And the game is lane based, it has 5 lanes, that's the most important difference to Zombie Highway.

Game Center: sink_or_swim
05-16-2014, 09:43 PM
#5
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: 1 mile away from your location
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I only played a few minutes and I'm enjoying it. But there's not much variation.. No missions or achievements. You control the car by tapping the left and right side of the screen, in the middle you can activate a power-up. There are different control options in the settings. Power ups can be upgraded in the shop.
And the game is lane based, it has 5 lanes, that's the most important difference to Zombie Highway.
But Zombie Highway has zombies attack and you can shoot the zombies with different weapons, right? So which one you think better. I haven't played this one yet, but it seems Zombie Highway has more fun.
05-16-2014, 09:49 PM
#6
Cool, any post-apocalypse driving games are insta-try for me. Besides Zombie Highway, The Last Driver is another favourite of mine.

P1XL Games | Twitter | Facebook
Paid: Super Splatform (8-bit platformer) - 4NR (2-bit platformer)
More: P1XL Party (original game collection) - RPG Quest - Minim (8-bit RPG)
Free: Bad Student Driver (Flappy Car?) - Bad Student Driver: Swing Ride (New)
05-16-2014, 09:53 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_u View Post
But Zombie Highway has zombies attack and you can shoot the zombies with different weapons, right? So which one you think better. I haven't played this one yet, but it seems Zombie Highway has more fun.
There's more variaton in Zombie Highway so I think it's better.

Game Center: sink_or_swim
05-21-2014, 05:48 AM
#8
Hey!

I'm the developer of this game and I'm happy you posted it here.

I've read a comic version of Matheson's Duel and watched the movie later on - they were one of my main inspirations for this game!

It's my first mobile game and I made everything by myself. So, if you have any suggestions to improve this game, I'd be glad to hear from you. I would love to implement missions and achievements, more cars and whatnot, but this makes sense only if people like this game.

Try it out and tell me what you think!
05-21-2014, 06:15 AM
#9
Looks solid. Wondering if the Gameplay can keep up with those Screenshots and how it does perform compared to Games like Zombie Highway.
05-23-2014, 12:37 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegat View Post
I'm the developer of this game and I'm happy you posted it here.
Congrats on the release!

Quote:
I've read a comic version of Matheson's Duel and watched the movie later on - they were one of my main inspirations for this game!
What was the inspiration for having the player's car armoured though? At least in the movie Duel, the driver wasn't at all prepared in that way. And with the name, I'd assume there's lots of Mad Max / Fury Road inspiration too.

P1XL Games | Twitter | Facebook
Paid: Super Splatform (8-bit platformer) - 4NR (2-bit platformer)
More: P1XL Party (original game collection) - RPG Quest - Minim (8-bit RPG)
Free: Bad Student Driver (Flappy Car?) - Bad Student Driver: Swing Ride (New)