Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Rubicon's Avatar
Rubicon Rubicon is offline
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Isle of Wight, UK
Posts: 1,455
Default Great Little War Game. Two.

Yep, it's now a thing. Went into Beta yesterday and will be released in a few weeks depending on how that goes.

Expectations:
This is a sequel to the original game. We went back to basics here to provide a more streamlined experience for playing on a mobile phone with one hand. This means portrait mode, shorter missions, etc.

We have deliberately not altered the units or terrain graphics etc., feeling that a sequel should be a sequel (And tbh that $2.99 would be a fair price for a 60 mission level pack to the original game anyway, but there's ton more than that in here.)

Also, multiplayer is not included because over 95% of GBWG players never touched it. Instead we've put in 60 single player missions.

The entire game will cost $2.99 with no IAP's, no adverts, no extra monetisation at all. All those people moaning about freemium promising to buy any games that "just work" ? We're calling you on it.

More news as we have it.
  #2  
Old 05-17-2014, 05:50 PM
SirHanet SirHanet is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Halifax
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
Yep, it's now a thing. Went into Beta yesterday and will be released in a few weeks depending on how that goes.

Expectations:
This is a sequel to the original game. We went back to basics here to provide a more streamlined experience for playing on a mobile phone with one hand. This means portrait mode, shorter missions, etc.

We have deliberately not altered the units or terrain graphics etc., feeling that a sequel should be a sequel (And tbh that $2.99 would be a fair price for a 60 mission level pack to the original game anyway, but there's ton more than that in here.)

Also, multiplayer is not included because over 95% of GBWG players never touched it. Instead we've put in 60 single player missions.

The entire game will cost $2.99 with no IAP's, no adverts, no extra monetisation at all. All those people moaning about freemium promising to buy any games that "just work" ? We're calling you on it.

More news as we have it.
Can I please join the beta testing? I loved all your games but the Great Little War Game & Great Big War Game were the BEST!!
  #3  
Old 05-17-2014, 06:10 PM
slamraman slamraman is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,589
Default

Cannot wait. One handed portrait great little war game is almost exactly what I'd like to see.
  #4  
Old 05-17-2014, 09:49 PM
Best75 Best75 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 335
Default

I will buy this game for sure
Is there a skirmish mode?
  #5  
Old 05-18-2014, 02:07 AM
Rubicon's Avatar
Rubicon Rubicon is offline
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Isle of Wight, UK
Posts: 1,455
Default

Thanks guys, good to see we're still getting interest.

The Beta is a closed now, sorry. We probably should have announced this bigger and louder before now, but we've had our heads down with lots of other stuff too. Plus it's not a large one - most of the stuff we know works already.
  #6  
Old 05-18-2014, 08:46 AM
undeadcow undeadcow is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,006
Default

This is ridiculous - you promised us Great Little War Game was "the war game to end all war games" but have since developer two sequels. When is enough enough?

[ok ok bring 'em on!]
  #7  
Old 05-18-2014, 08:57 AM
saansilt saansilt is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
This is ridiculous - you promised us Great Little War Game was "the war game to end all war games" but have since developer two sequels. When is enough enough?

[ok ok bring 'em on!]


Get your mob supplies here!
Anything and everything an angry mob needs!
Torches, pitchforks, and no refunds too!

Anyho, looking foward to it. My bro liked the first one alot.
  #8  
Old 05-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Rubicon's Avatar
Rubicon Rubicon is offline
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Isle of Wight, UK
Posts: 1,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
This is ridiculous - you promised us Great Little War Game was "the war game to end all war games" but have since developer two sequels. When is enough enough?

[ok ok bring 'em on!]
When our fans stop begging us for more GLWG, we'll stop making em. The giganto update for GBWG we're doing after this should really get those juices flowing also...
  #9  
Old 05-18-2014, 10:29 AM
redribbon redribbon is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,219
Default

im in!just bring it on dev as long as its not a freemium.
  #10  
Old 05-18-2014, 11:19 AM
JCho133 JCho133 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
When our fans stop begging us for more GLWG, we'll stop making em. The giganto update for GBWG we're doing after this should really get those juices flowing also...
Mmmmmm juices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent