Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-18-2014, 07:56 PM
iPhone 4

Default Martian Mix-Up! - Endless Runner Fun with Aliens!

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time coming, but I'd like to show off my latest app - Martian Mix-Up!

It's a runner which features a mixture of Endless and Linear levels, and uses an intuitive, easy-to-pick-up control scheme. The controls always stay the same, but the game experiments with numerous mechanics, such as swapping colours, flipping gravity, using an energy shield, and switching between the background and foreground.

It's available on the App Store right now for free: [url]http://tinyurl.com/lspqbd6[/url]

Thanks a lot for looking - I really appreciate it. And best of luck with your own projects!

Old 05-19-2014, 02:38 AM

The art style look nice, will give this one a try.

Edit: Hmm, so this is like "Spirit Run Fire vs Ice" but without jumpling and sliding, only left with transforming between Blue and Red. I think the gameplay is a little bit meh, it's not that fun to play. But the music is excellent especially the one is the menu screen (did sit and listen for awhile) and the acheivements will keep me playing for a little bit.

So I think this one is worth a try if you have some free time (I think the music alone is worth the try, not sure who compose it or is taken from other place, the font in the Credits screen is kinda hard to read)

Edit2: Opps, I think I just overlook big portion of the game. I was only playing the one endless level the game offered.
In fact there is 1 Endless level and 3 Normal Levels for free, and you have the option to pay 1$ to unlock 3 more Endless level and 6 normal levels.

Every levels is a little bit different but I still wouldn't say it's all that fun. But it's definitely a must try for free, if you enjoy it, you can pay to unlock the rest of the levels.

Last edited by hakamhakam; 05-19-2014 at 03:19 AM..
Old 05-19-2014, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakamhakam View Post
The art style look nice, will give this one a try.

Edit: Hmm, so this is like "Spirit Run Fire vs Ice" but without jumpling and sliding, only left with transforming between Blue and Red. I think the gameplay is a little bit meh, it's not that fun to play. But the music is excellent especially the one is the menu screen (did sit and listen for awhile) and the acheivements will keep me playing for a little bit.

So I think this one is worth a try if you have some free time (I think the music alone is worth the try, not sure who compose it or is taken from other place, the font in the Credits screen is kinda hard to read)

Edit2: Opps, I think I just overlook big portion of the game. I was only playing the one endless level the game offered.
In fact there is 1 Endless level and 3 Normal Levels for free, and you have the option to pay 1$ to unlock 3 more Endless level and 6 normal levels.

Every levels is a little bit different but I still wouldn't say it's all that fun. But it's definitely a must try for free, if you enjoy it, you can pay to unlock the rest of the levels.
Thanks for the review. I'll give it a try.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:24 AM
iPhone 4

Thanks for giving it a go! I'm not sure what that game is, I'm afraid, but the idea was to use the same control scheme while changing up the core mechanics in every level. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it that much, but thanks for the kind words regardless.

Oh, and just to make a small correction, the $1 unlocks an additional 10 levels - 3 Endless Runner Levels, and 7 Normal Levels - and also removes ads.

Last edited by CriticalGames; 05-19-2014 at 05:07 AM..