Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 11:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default 99 Bricks: Wizard Academy goes from F2P to premium

Hey guys and girls,

We from WeirdBeard Games (a 6 men strong indie studio in Amsterdam) would like to let you know that 99 Bricks: Wizard Academy will be released on iOS June 3rd worldwide.

99 Bricks: Wizard Academy is a magical physics tower builder. You star as a new student who’s always dreamed of becoming a wizard. Only one thing is missing; your very own wizard tower! Progress through 5 classes and learn magical spells that let you defy gravity and build the highest tower the world has ever seen. But it won’t be easy. Your jealous classmates will do anything to crumble your creation…

Complete each class to unlock extra difficult master missions and compete with your friends through GameCenter in the Tower Tourney.

99 Bricks: Wizard Academy is the mobile sequel to the 2008 Flash hit 99 Bricks. Development for the mobile version started in 2012 and we took our time to make sure it is a good fit for the modern audiences and mobile platforms.

The game was soft launched in the Netherlands as a F2P game. It got a very high number of downloads and amazing critical acclaim. However, financially the results were disappointing. We concluded F2P didn’t fit our game design and rather than pushing F2P any further, we chose to go premium without any IAP.

This felt like a weight being lifted off our shoulders. It was more about game design again: how to make the game as fun as possible, instead of looking at how to optimize for monetization.

After some radical changes to the structure of the game, to better fit the premium model, we’re finally ready to show it to you.

We’re interested in your opinions and hope you’re as excited as we are about the release of 99 Bricks: Wizard Academy

Click images to enlarge:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by WeirdBeard; 05-20-2014 at 04:13 AM..
Old 05-19-2014, 12:10 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

This looks great and since it is no longer F2P, I am very likely to play it.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

I always appreciate when devs do this, so you can expect a purchase from me

Last edited by Bronxsta; 05-19-2014 at 01:42 PM..
Old 05-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Welcome to the forums WeirdBeard, your game looks awesome, and it has one the qualities I like most in videogames: craziness, which equals fun. And the F2P to premium is the icing on the cake. Looking forward to it.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:39 PM

I am looking forward to playing your game. How much will it be? .99$ ;-)
Old 05-20-2014, 02:54 AM

I got the soft-launch version. Will that version get updated or will you do a completely new release?
Old 05-20-2014, 04:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thank you for the kind words! Even though we feel it's a great decision, the move to premium has been a huge step for us. But posts like these really give a vote of confidence!

Quote:
I am looking forward to playing your game. How much will it be? .99$ ;-)
Ha ha yeah we considered that. However, we think 2.99$ is a good price point for this game.

Quote:
I got the soft-launch version. Will that version get updated or will you do a completely new release?
It will be released as an update of the soft-launch version.

Once it's out we would be very interested in your opinion about the game.

And just for shits 'n giggles, here are some sketches of the main character and some ideas for its outfit variations.

Last edited by WeirdBeard; 05-20-2014 at 04:22 AM..
Old 05-20-2014, 04:26 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

2.99 sounds awesome! I am in!

Last edited by TheFrost; 05-20-2014 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: Total failure making the NL account...
Old 05-20-2014, 08:56 AM
iPad mini 2

This looks really good! Is it out now on the US app store (Im away from my device)?

Going from F2P to Paid if a tough decision but I hope it pays off for you. I'm struggling with the same problem myself as I'd much rather just charge $.99 to $1.99 for my game and call it a day but as my game's target demo are females 16 to 24 I feel I need to go F2P.

By the way, who made your trailer? It looks great!
Old 05-20-2014, 10:42 AM

Looks great! Can't wait. I think I played something similar on Kongregate? It was really great fun and would love to have a successor/sequel on my phone!

Closed Thread