★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bedlam is Out ($0.99)

08-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Bedlam is Out ($0.99) - 2 promo codes in latest post

(Hello all - this is our first release and first post here - apologies if we do something wrong. Please let us know and we'll fix the post)

Bedlam.

Quote:
Bedlam is a board game that tests your speed and accuracy.

Tap the positive blocks to score but watch out; tapping negative blocks takes points off your score! And if you don't tap a positive block, you lose a life. D'oh! The game gets harder every time you score 500 points.

There are special blocks too. Some good, some, well... not so good (Uhoh!). We wouldn't recommend eating the 'Black Death' block, for example Don't let the sound effects distract you (although they're meant to!).

When you've lost all your lives, see if you did well enough to top our global leaderboard. Plus, you can see how you rank against players in your country on our website.

We hope you enjoy playing 'Bedlam.' as much as we enjoyed making it.
App: Bedlam
Developer: Camiloo Limited (UK)
Price: $0.99
Reviews: 3 in UK Store (4/5, 5/5, 5/5)
Ranks: Top 70 Board Games (Turkey), Top 80 Board Games (Turkey)

Images

Game screen

Menu

Global Leaderboard

iTunes Link

Official Website

Last edited by Camiloo; 08-25-2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: added promo codes
08-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the TA forums! You posted it in the right area, and the game does look interesting. Anyone TOFFT?

08-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Gameplay is enterteining. good time waster, but it has major problems:
- No pause button.
- No auto resume.
- It starts waaaay too slow. I know you don't want the game to be too difficult in the beginning, but since there is no pase or save, I can't imagine having to go through the first level again.
Simply cannot recommend it until those issues are fixed
08-22-2009, 09:18 PM
@Theta-Omega Thanks

@aloepar Thanks for the feedback, we've got a fix coming for the speed of the first round, its likely that the next release of the game will start at 'difficulty 1' instead of zero.

Really interesting suggestions re: pausing & resuming. Its something we hadn't thought about but makes a lot of sense. We're going to focus on getting this added into the next release next week; we're hoping to submit our update for approval by the end of the week.
08-23-2009, 03:52 AM
Instead of simply starting at diff 1 you can also include a fast forward option so that it'll be fast enough for those who find even the diff 1 option too slow.
Also u need better artwork for the game as there are quite a few such games available for free. You need to have something extra for people to make them spend a dollar on this.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-23-2009 at 03:54 AM.
08-24-2009, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Instead of simply starting at diff 1 you can also include a fast forward option so that it'll be fast enough for those who find even the diff 1 option too slow.
+1
Haven't played the game yet, but there is nothing more annoying than having to sit through minutes of boredom until a game picks up and you can play on a level you want to. Imo this is much more important than pause/resume (although that one is important too )...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Also u need better artwork for the game as there are quite a few such games available for free. You need to have something extra for people to make them spend a dollar on this.
As i said before, i haven't played it yet, but from the screens this game looks really appealing to me. I really dig the artwork and that's why i will buy this later today. So i'd have to disagree...

EDIT: And congratz on your release Camiloo.
08-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Just by way of warning, but Infogrames (who absorbed GT Interactive) may have a wee problem with the name of the game. Slim chance they'd find out, but you never know.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
08-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stnsn View Post
EDIT: And congratz on your release Camiloo.
Thanks stnsn Level 1 is much faster than level 0 and only lasts generally for 30-60 seconds, instead of the 1-3 minutes level 0 lasted [it seems very slow now my v1.1 dev copy starts at level 1].

We're waiting for v1.1 with level 0 skipped to be approved by Apple now.

For v1.2 we are tweaking the graphics but it will stay in the same style, just a little tidier. We're also well on the way to having a pause / resume and 'resume last unfinished game' feature which will arrive with the new graphics.

We will think about making a fast forward button, the only thing we've got to be careful of is that its a leaderboard based game, and if you can maybe skip past the early levels you lose any risk of losing lives early on - that might make it possible to 'fast forward' your way to a high score

We might add a 'time trial' game mode in a future version though - 60 seconds, max difficulty but no lives lost for missing a positive block - tap away

Also @minefield good point - that said, the game you've linked to was released in 1996 on different platform - as you say, slim chance there is much to worry about.
08-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Here are two promo codes - enjoy all.

ARJLAFLEYWR3

YEAK4K7L33LP
08-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!