Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-22-2014, 10:22 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default [Soft Launch - NZ] Tony Hawk's Shred Session (by Activision)

Quote:
NZ Release info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 68.1 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
**Because of its many features, we recommend connecting to WiFi the first time you launch this game. Please be patient while it loads, (we promise its worth the wait.) - Not compatible with iPod Touch 4**

Skateboarding and video game legend Tony Hawk finally unleashes his first original FREE mobile game! Tony Hawk’s Shred Session combines trick-combo action with the best features on your mobile device. With a swipe of your finger, skate through levels as a top pro while linking together classic moves into insane high scores.

PLAY AS TOP PROS
Skate as Tony Hawk, Chris Cole, Aaron “Jaws” Homoki, Lizzie Armanto, David Gonzalez, or Riley Hawk—each with their own signature tricks and moves.

PICK UP AND PLAY
Simple, intuitive swipe controls make pulling off tricks easy and fun, but leveling and unlocking more advanced tricks gives experienced players the depth and complexity they expect from a Tony Hawk game.

ENDLESS SHREDDING
Pull off continuous tricks and combos for leaderboard dominance - play as long as you can land your moves!

CHALLENGE PARKS
Rip through individual Challenge Parks to complete classic Tony Hawk video game objectives.

PRODUCT GEEK
Style out with real skate brand apparel and customize your deck with signature designs.

DREAM SKATE LOCALES
Get gnar in four environments, each packed with jumps, rails, obstacles, and halfpipes.

HEAD-TO-HEAD COMPETITION
Compete against your friends’ scores in the Challenge Park showdowns to earn in-game currency.

ADD ONS
Pick up boosts like Slowdown to allow for more time to plan your combos or Protector that will ease the damage when running into obstacles.

iPhone Screenshots:

Old 05-22-2014, 10:37 AM

I`m pretty sure I am sucking at it but still might give it a try

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-22-2014 at 12:26 PM..
Old 05-22-2014, 10:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I`m pretty sure I am sucking at it but still might give it a try
Is this an endless runner with tricks, basically?
Old 05-22-2014, 10:46 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Looks promising. will give it a try

Last edited by Chaos_u; 05-22-2014 at 01:20 PM..
Old 05-22-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
The Tutorial Level is build like that but I am currently waiting till the Game has finished some Extra Downloads that start right after the Tutorial. Will report back as soon as I will have played it a bit more
Old 05-22-2014, 10:57 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Played the tutorial (at least you are able to do that before the huge download), and that is exactly what this is.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:06 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
yes,it is. Finished the tutorial so far. lol..pretty fun game
Old 05-22-2014, 11:18 AM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Glad you guys can finally try this, I thought it was really neat.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

680mb installed
No gc-leaderboards for survival mode

I'm going to play the other mode and decide if it stays on my iPhone, but I don't think so
Old 05-22-2014, 12:55 PM

Played it for 30. Minutes (The Gameplay Video can be found above, I only did cut out my biggest Fails so it got a bit shorter). The Freemium Part seem to be very fair so far and I more or less earned in the first few couple of Minutes enough to buy myself some new Clothes & Tricks at the Skate Shop also I wouldn`t have to do that since you are earning them too if you just play through the Game.

In less then 30 Minutes I had also almost earned enough to buy me a new Deck/Trucks/Wheels so assuming that it will keep going on that way I`m pretty sure that I would earn enough to buy almost everything on the Store when I get through Santa Monica/Stormdrain/The Docks & South Bank.

The other Skater Like Tony Hawk's son Riley or Homoki/Cole/Gonzalez/Armanto are prized at 50 InGame Dollar which might take some time to collect together but still seem to be in a reasonable Price Region considering that I have so far already collected 16 InGame Dollar by more or less just play through some Parts of the Warehouse and some Parts of Santa Monica without almost no bigger hassle.

The Game itself does have two buyable currencies which both(!) can be earned also by playing just through the game:

About Game Center:

So far the Game seem to pretty solid and I had only one crash and a couple of times where the Game took a longer break and was during that time not responding to my tabs.