Support our Sponsors:

Old 05-22-2014, 10:39 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Crobble

Hey guys,

Chris from Fuzzy Face Games here. Just wanted to let you know that we have just released our debut iPhone game, Crobble!

Crobble challenges your vocabulary and reaction speeds with fiendishly fun gameplay that blends the speed of Tetris with the word finding challenge of Scrabble. We really worked hard to make something that is satisfying in small bursts and lengthy marathon sessions.

The game is free to download which will get you the first ten levels of Arcade mode so you can get a feel for it then a couple of bucks unlocks the whole game which includes 100 levels plus two more game modes, Blitz and Zen!

I believe there might be an official Touch Arcade review going live at some point but in the meantime give it a try and see what you think :-)

Old 05-22-2014, 02:07 PM

The review just dropped!

Wow!

http://toucharcade.com/2014/05/22/crobble-review/
Old 05-22-2014, 02:21 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

OH WOW. Such good review! Must try!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Read the review, very interested, downloading now @Fuzzy, is it English only, or are there other languages available? EDIT: there are many languages available in the options menu. Cool! EDIT 2: there's an important problem with the Spanish version: it doesn't recognize many words which should be recognized. @Devs: the problem has to do with the accents. You're importing words from a dictionary and you're not taking into account that there are many words in Spanish which have an accent. For example, it doesn't accept "veais" (a tense from the verb "see") because the correct spelling is "veáis". Unfortunately, vowels with accents don't fall in the game. The solution for this is really simple: get the list of Spanish words you've used in the game and substitute all the "á" for "a", "é" for "e", etc. We only have accents in vowels. It's perfectly acceptable for Spanish speakers to write them in capital letters without the accent, and I'm sure you are going to have many complaints from Spaniards because of this.

I'm sending you a PM too with this, to make sure you read it.

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 05-22-2014 at 03:42 PM..
Old 05-22-2014, 03:12 PM

Where is the ipad version? I would buy it, but I bought an ipad for a reason :/
Old 05-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Developer
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Congrats, gents! Great review!

QS =D
Old 05-22-2014, 05:28 PM

Thanks guys! \o/

Re the Spanish - we'll take a look at that ASAP.
Re the iPad - if it's a popular game then we'll make an iPad version too. We'll make it universal actually.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:58 PM

Is that guy asking for accents to fall ? Lol. "Veais" is not accepted but "veas" is , a most common use of the same thing. lot of word games won't normally accept the "jugais caminais veais" wording.

What's up with the H flooding ? It's like 40% H's everytime
Old 05-22-2014, 06:07 PM

The game itself is an interesting idea and I'm having a good time but I think the actual act of forming the words is a little bit tough at times.

I think it's the fact the tiles move around but sometimes I find myself being unable to add the letter as easily as I expect or adding an incorrect letter. Deleting letters from a word is also tough because the letters are neither in a group nor remain in the same place so deleting a few letters off the end of a long word is tough.

Overall though, it's a fun word game for sure.

By the way, why does the music sound so familiar?
Old 05-22-2014, 06:18 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_w View Post
Is that guy asking for accents to fall ? Lol. "Veais" is not accepted but "veas" is , a most common use of the same thing. lot of word games won't normally accept the "jugais caminais veais" wording.

What's up with the H flooding ? It's like 40% H's everytime
"Veas" is not the same as "veais", not at all ("veas" is 2nd person singular and "veais" is 2nd person plural, in case you wonder) and there are many, many words not accepted because of the accent issue. Whenever we have word games, we don't take accents into account unless you can have vowels with accents and without accents. Take "Angry Words" as an example. It would be a boring game if we couldn't put words leaving accents aside. You can try "tiburón" (shark) as a better example of a very common word which the game should accept but doesn't because of this. That many word games don't accept accent words doesn't mean they are correct. In fact, 20 years ago capital letter words were accepted without accents because typing machines didn't have a way of putting accents.

Therefore, in a few words, yes, I'm asking for accent removal in the game dictionary so that it accepts all the words and makes the game more interesting.