Login trouble on main site

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Nakor, May 22, 2014.

1. Nakor

Nakor Active Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Hi,

I mostly view TouchArcade on the iPad or iPhone app, but occasionally I go to the site in a browser. I have a very hard time logging into the main site however (read: it is impossible to log in), and I'm not certain why. It doesn't seem to actually log me into the site at all, but it does somehow log me in to the forums. Are they separate, and if they are, how does it log me into the forums?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The front page and the forum log-ins are separate on the desktop version of the site.

The tA app logs you into both with wizardry, but usually you need a separate Disqus account to post on the front page.

3. Nakor

Nakor Active Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Ah ok that makes sense then. Thanks :)

4. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    Suddenly I can't edit my "watch list" anymore. I can see my list of games, but if I try to remove one from the list it tells me I need to log in. But I already am logged in.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

6. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I've been having the same problem Glorkbot described for a while now. When I log into TA on a desktop web browser from a laptop running Win 8.1, it says I'm logged in, and I can view my watch list, but if I try to add a game to my watch list it pops up a message saying I need to log in. This happens in both Chrome and IE. The web app works fine from Safari on my Mac. I already contacted support about this and got a response, but the person who responded didn't seem to know what the problem was. I figured if no one else was having the problem then maybe it was just something weird about my computer and dropped the issue, since I can use the TA app to manage my watch list.