★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GameHouse
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3.2
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Serve and protect Jane as Lord of the Jungle. After all, a happy wife means a happy life!

DESCRIPTION

You Tarzan, she Jane in this hilarious new game featuring the Lord of the Jungle! As Tarzan it's up to you to keep Mrs. Tarzan happy in your jungle home.

After numerous appearances on TV, radio and theater, the Lord of the Jungle finally arrives to your iPhone and iPod Touch.

Run household errands, dodge dangerous animals, find missing items, and do whatever else it takes to keep Jane happy in over 20 captivating levels. You'll have to be quick on your feet and your vine, though, because the jungle is full of surprises and hidden dangers like killer bees, slithering snakes, hungry plants, and more!

Featuring gorgeous jungle environments, fun challenges, comical characters, and incredible animations, Mr. and Mrs. Tarzan is a wonderful adventure for your iPhone and iPod Touch.

Get Mr. and Mrs. Tarzan for your iPhone and iPod Touch today and remember, a happy wife means a happy life!

FEATURES

Over 20 captivating levels
4 different beautiful jungle environments
Fluid animation and humorous cartoon style graphics will make you laugh!

LANGUAGES

English, Spanish, German, French, Italian

Mr. and Mrs. Tarzan 2009 Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. All rights reserved. Published by RealNetworks, Inc. Developed by Mr.Goodliving, Ltd.

GAMEHOUSE GUARANTEE

We take pride in the loyalty and trust our customers show us when they purchase a GameHouse product. If you are not completely satisfied with your recent purchase, let us know. Please contact us at iphone-games@real.com

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

08-23-2009, 07:45 AM
This is a fun little game. Very nice presentation and sense of humor. It has an interesting control scheme that makes it stand out from other platform games on the devices. Tarzan runs automatically; you use various swiping techniques to change direction, jump, slash with your knife, swing from vines, etc. I wasn't sure I would like this at first, but after two nicely done tutorial levels, it was like second nature. I like the henpecked Tarzan running errands for Jane theme throughout, it adds a nice twist. You also can't beat the Elvis styled Tarzan character. This is apparently an officially licenced product as it is presented on the title screen as "Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan". I highly recommend this for a fun, platform style experience with a unique control scheme and good sense of humor. If someone gets this and has the ability to take a video, I'm sure this will catch on with the masses.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

08-23-2009, 09:25 AM
just added this to my collection of platformers. looks pretty cool. just played through the tutorial. i like it. but its different. not that being different is bad.

rozzie
08-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Newbie here!

Looks lika half decent game! downloading as i type
08-23-2009, 09:58 AM
RealArcade is known for releasing some quality games like Playman Track & Field and Tiki Towers. This one shouldn't be exempt from their lineup of great games.
08-23-2009, 06:41 PM
You're right. Real Arcade seems to put out consistently good games. I have both of the others you mentioned and like them a lot.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Why isn't this game getting the love it deserves? This is a lot of fun, it's got tons of style, and it's cheap! This needs some more recognition. This has Big Albie written all over it, he loves platformers, but not a peep! What's the dealio peoples?

08-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Well in that case try and see if BA takes a look at this
08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Well in that case try and see if BA takes a look at this
Yeah I think he may have been away a while and this may have slipped below the radar. I just don't think there are enough unique platformers in the app store, and this is one of them.

08-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Well, it actually didn't miss my radar. I did try this game, and while the presentation is good, the controls really are a sore point for me. They're not responsive enough. Don't get me wrong, they work fine especially in the early levels. But, when you get to the more elaborate and complex levels, the weakness of the controls becomes more apparent.

Swipe controls are not usually an issue. Unfortunately, because Tarzan is constantly moving...there is no stop button and he only stops when he's hanging on some shrubbery...the controls need to be spot on. What happens often is there is a slight lag in the response time which is even more obvious on jumps. So what happens is Tarzen will end up taking a fall or he misses a swinging wine. The game becomes pretty frustrating because he doesn't do what you want him to do. Like I said, this isn't a big issue in the early stages, but it becomes frustrating in later stages.

Last edited by Big Albie; 08-28-2009 at 04:19 PM.