★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How to find word lists for a word game?

05-23-2014, 06:05 AM
#1
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 135
How to find word lists for a word game?

Games like crobble. How do they check if a word is correct as I really need a word database for something. But saying that there are big problems with word games in that there is US And UK Spellings which are slight differences
05-23-2014, 07:03 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Morestel, France
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetman View Post
Games like crobble. How do they check if a word is correct as I really need a word database for something.
There are list of words circulating on the net. Usually used by scrabble players.
I've got on in US English if you are interested. There should be all the words up to 15 letters.

JC

05-23-2014, 07:46 AM
#3
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovogame View Post
There are list of words circulating on the net. Usually used by scrabble players.
I've got on in US English if you are interested. There should be all the words up to 15 letters.

JC
Is this A GOOD list like near Dictionary listing?

IF so point me in the right direcion my good fellow
05-23-2014, 07:52 AM
#4
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Morestel, France
Posts: 572
contact me at ovo(AT)ovogame.com
I'll send you mine as I don't remember where I did get it.

JC
05-25-2014, 03:57 AM
#5
There's 2 major Scrabble lists that should do the job:

TWL (Tournament Word List) is the North American standard Scrabble list.
SOWPODS is a combined list used in the rest of the world that includes TWL with the British words.

http://opusthepenguin.wordpress.com/...owpods-vs-twl/
05-25-2014, 04:11 AM
#6
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,004
wow that list is cool

It is impressive to gaze over aa. I love looking at videos of aa. I learnt a new word today, aa, so I want to keep saying aa.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
05-25-2014, 04:38 AM
#7
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 135
use list

Quote:
Originally Posted by negitoro View Post
There's 2 major Scrabble lists that should do the job:

TWL (Tournament Word List) is the North American standard Scrabble list.
SOWPODS is a combined list used in the rest of the world that includes TWL with the British words.

http://opusthepenguin.wordpress.com/...owpods-vs-twl/
Will I get in trouble using this in a game?