Update: 7/28/14
ETA: Q3 2014
First Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Did you get blown away?

Game Overview:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post

You play as a wizard who somehow finds himself in the strange nether-realm called "the Rift." This is a place where fallen wizards, evil minions and dark magic reside, as well as a host of other neutral and friendly beings such as wisps, phantoms, shades, etc. The world is isometric, with an overworld, different themed randomly generated dungeons and areas, shops, secrets, treasures, etc. There is a story you must uncover as you figure out why you're there and what exactly the Rift is.

Battles are random encounters like a traditional RPG, with a mix of real time and pseudo turn based combat. You'll find and collect spell orbs which you create a "deck" out of (from over 150 spells). During battle while dodging and attacking in real time, you'll charge up and draw random spells from your deck to destroy your enemies.

There is also a ton of customization and equipment: staffs, swords, robes, armor, helmets, hats, gauntlets, capes, all with randomized stats and varying degrees of rarity.

Disclaimer: screens are representative of a work in progress and are not necessarily of final quality! Shadows are LQ for ex, have a lot more particle effects to add, etc
Some equipment info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
There are 6 equipment slots (weapon, head, robes, armor/cape/back, gloves, and gauntlet). Equipment has 5 levels of rarity and can affect one or more of your three primary stats (health, mana, and basic attack damage) + can have all sorts of different passive abilities tied to them (immunity to lava, heal while on grass, etc). Weapons have a primary attack (of which there are several types), and some additionally have a charge attack with different effects (shield, reflect, stun shot, etc). So, visually there are hundreds of pieces of equipment, and from a gameplay perspective there are just about limitless possibilities!

There are also 10 or so special artifacts you can find throughout the game that are kind of like special items.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

The day has finally come!

Foursaken Media released the first sliver of a tidbit about their next game, described as a mix of Bastion and MegaMan BattleNetwork with a bunch of equipment, abilities, and customization.

Every single word in that sentence makes me psyched

Sounds like a sci-fi isometric dual stick from the info we have.

Last edited by JCho133; 07-29-2014 at 09:08 PM..
Old 05-23-2014, 07:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quite a strange mix. What have those games in common apart from the isometric view?
Old 05-23-2014, 07:18 PM

Played Bastion but no idea what mega man battle network was like. But still I'll follow anything they make.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:50 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Sounds amazing!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Bastion is a action RPG and mega man battle network was a turn base game so....
Old 05-24-2014, 12:36 AM

Those are two mighty big shoes to fill.
My fear in this case is that their (IMHO) crude 3D art style will clash with the gameplay they're going for.
Bit I'm ready to be surprised and can't wait for more news.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I am a Foursaken fanboy as well and almost posted this, but figured another one of us would, famished for Foursaken news...

I'll add, so I listened to the Twitch vid they did here on TA. They have THREE projects they are working on... This one, plus I am BANKING on heroes and castles II now, plus another.... One of them does not take as many 3d assets Jaime said....., but that's it. They were being coy to say the least
Old 05-24-2014, 02:55 AM

The best devs on ios making a new game?

Sorry Eli, this beats a flappy bird article any day
Old 05-24-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothamannp11911 View Post
I am a Foursaken fanboy as well and almost posted this, but figured another one of us would, famished for Foursaken news...

I'll add, so I listened to the Twitch vid they did here on TA. They have THREE projects they are working on... This one, plus I am BANKING on heroes and castles II now, plus another.... One of them does not take as many 3d assets Jaime said....., but that's it. They were being coy to say the least
Woaaahhhhh they have 3 in the works now? A couple weeks ago they said it was only 2 (and that both were no IPs!). Yeah, I've got my money on H&C2 as well, I just hope they don't make the heroes like BH2s or get rid of vertical aiming.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:46 AM

Oh man yes! Just hearing new stuff from them is the best news of the week! Lets hope we see some new stuff soon!