Phantom Rift (Bastion+MegaMan Battle Network) - Foursaken Media

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JCho133, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #1 JCho133, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Update: 7/28/14
    ETA: Q3 2014
    First Trailer:

Did you get blown away?

Game Overview:
    Some equipment info:
    [​IMG]

——————————————————————————————————

The day has finally come!

Foursaken Media released the first sliver of a tidbit about their next game, described as a mix of Bastion and MegaMan BattleNetwork with a bunch of equipment, abilities, and customization.

Every single word in that sentence makes me psyched

Sounds like a sci-fi isometric dual stick from the info we have.

[​IMG]

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Quite a strange mix. What have those games in common apart from the isometric view?

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Played Bastion but no idea what mega man battle network was like. But still I'll follow anything they make.

4. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Sounds amazing!

5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Bastion is a action RPG and mega man battle network was a turn base game so....

6. D4rgolf

D4rgolf Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Those are two mighty big shoes to fill.
    My fear in this case is that their (IMHO) crude 3D art style will clash with the gameplay they're going for.
    Bit I'm ready to be surprised and can't wait for more news.

7. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I am a Foursaken fanboy as well and almost posted this, but figured another one of us would, famished for Foursaken news...

I'll add, so I listened to the Twitch vid they did here on TA. They have THREE projects they are working on... This one, plus I am BANKING on heroes and castles II now, plus another.... One of them does not take as many 3d assets Jaime said....., but that's it. They were being coy to say the least ;)

8. anarchy in the app store

Jan 30, 2014
    The best devs on ios making a new game?

Sorry Eli, this beats a flappy bird article any day

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Woaaahhhhh they have 3 in the works now? A couple weeks ago they said it was only 2 (and that both were no IPs!). Yeah, I've got my money on H&C2 as well, I just hope they don't make the heroes like BH2s or get rid of vertical aiming.

10. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Oh man yes! Just hearing new stuff from them is the best news of the week! Lets hope we see some new stuff soon!

11. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hey guys, thanks for the thread!

So, might as will give a few more details :p First of all, most importantly the game is titled: Phantom Rift.

[​IMG]

You play as a wizard who somehow finds himself in the strange nether-realm called "the Rift." This is a place where fallen wizards, evil minions and dark magic reside, as well as a host of other neutral and friendly beings such as wisps, phantoms, shades, etc. The world is isometric, with an overworld, different themed randomly generated dungeons and areas, shops, secrets, treasures, etc. There is a story you must uncover as you figure out why you're there and what exactly the Rift is.

[​IMG]

Battles are random encounters like a traditional RPG, with a mix of real time and pseudo turn based combat. You'll find and collect spell orbs which you create a "deck" out of (from over 150 spells). During battle while dodging and attacking in real time, you'll charge up and draw random spells from your deck to destroy your enemies.

[​IMG]

There is also a ton of customization and equipment: staffs, swords, robes, armor, helmets, hats, gauntlets, capes, all with randomized stats and varying degrees of rarity.

Disclaimer: screens are representative of a work in progress and are not necessarily of final quality! Shadows are LQ for ex, have a lot more particle effects to add, etc ;)

12. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
  13. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Loving the megaman battle network battle style!!!!! One of my favorites GBA game.. I'll play this for sure!!

14. Rafy211

Rafy211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Unicorn Land
    Stop being so good!! You make amazing games so quickly, you guys need to rest! Foursaken is easily one of the best developers on the AppStore!

15. Parvin

Parvin Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bastion still takes win for me

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Holy cow this is awesome. A tactical RPG from Foursaken filled with loot. I've been waiting for you guys to do a loot fest game, glad it's finally come! I like the tactical random mini encounters too, more than just real time combat.

What exactly do you mean by "psuedo-turn based" though? So you move in real time, but your attacks take turns?

Also, I frickin love the tile sets :D

17. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Combat sounds Transistor-ish

18. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #18 chaos_envoys, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    It's like this

That's from megaman battle network 1 from GBA.. The series continues to 6, and the battle is all awesome!!! I think foursaken will turn this system even better!!!

19. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Remove the "I think"

20. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I've just been blown away. Can't wait!