★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

4 Elements or Glyphs? -loved azkend and wanting a step above the typical match 3

08-23-2009, 10:56 AM
4 Elements or Glyph? -loved azkend and wanting a step above the typical match 3

I am looking for puzzle games with lots of polish and quality as I found in Azkend. Anyone tried these games or have something to recommend that is a step above your typical match 3 game?

Last edited by cranker; 08-23-2009 at 01:36 PM.
08-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Try out Dragon Portals it's by the same people that made Azkend.

You might also like: Match 3d Flick Puzzle, Adubble, The Treasures of Montezuma.

08-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Although I have not purchased it - a lot of people like Rise of Atlantis as a good match 3. I have it on my wish list...

Also Trism is a favorite amongst a lot of people as well. I did not personally like the slide mechanisms, but a lot of folks do...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-23-2009, 11:06 AM
08-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks for this list I am hopefully looking for input from those who might have played Azkend ( will pick up dragon portals ) and can let me know from their expereince some similat quality games. I am not interested in the typical match 3 games that are just that with not much else to add. Just looking for the stand out one that add something extra to the mix with a nice polish. Someone mentioned that 4 elements and Glyphs were good so I was hoping someone else has tried these too.
08-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Although I have not purchased it - a lot of people like Rise of Atlantis as a good match 3. I have it on my wish list...

Also Trism is a favorite amongst a lot of people as well. I did not personally like the slide mechanisms, but a lot of folks do...

Thx Rise of Atlantis looks interesting and a little different !!
08-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Thanks for this list I am hopefully looking for input from those who might have played Azkend ( will pick up dragon portals ) and can let me know from their expereince some similat quality games. I am not interested in the typical match 3 games that are just that with not much else to add. Just looking for the stand out one that add something extra to the mix with a nice polish. Someone mentioned that 4 elements and Glyphs were good so I was hoping someone else has tried these too.
I have Azkend - love Azkend. Dragon Portals not as good, but still fun. Hard to match the style of Azkend in any other match 3 that I have come across - the ones that I consistently come back to are Gemmed!, and Treasures of Montezuma - but truthfully, Azkend really stands on its own. I have not looked at 4 elements, or Glyphs but will since you mention. Treasures of Montezuma is a lot of fun, and has some nice leveling, powers, etc. Gemmed! is just sort of cute - also has interesting powers. Biggest issue with Gemmed! is the stupid (frustrating) timer that causes rocks to form, locks you in a cell, causes ice to form, goo to form - only give you 60 seconds, and so if your blocks don't work out right - just when you free a door to escape, or free a guy from jail - another rock blocks the entrance, or jail cell locks you up again...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-23-2009, 11:30 AM
One other Question............does bejeweled 2 have anything special going for it other that the match 3 concept ?
08-23-2009, 11:32 AM
I'd personally recommend Stoneloops! of Jurassica over Atlantis, but that's just me.

I feel Match 3d Flick Puzzle offers a lot for match 3d game, at least try the lite out, I think you'll like it and +111111 for Treasures of Montezuma. You must get that one, MUST I say!