★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

EA games coming soon...SSX Snowboarding

08-23-2009, 01:00 PM
EA games coming soon...SSX Snowboarding

I thought I would start this thread to discuss SSX. I just recently saw the TA article from back in March about all the Electronic Arts games coming out this year and I was not aware of SSX and NBA Live? Interesting.

EA has really stepped it up and I am glad that they are putting some of their best titles in the app store like Tiger Woods, NFS, Madden, FIFA, Command&Conquer, SSX and NBA Live.

I think that with the accelerometer SSX will be sick! Definately looking forward to more info on this.

So what do you guys think?

Favorites: Real Racing - FIFA - Low Grav 2 - Skies of Glory - GT Motor Academy - Rogue Planet - F.A.S.T. - Command&Conquer - Tiger Woods - Jet Car Stunts - Real Tennis - Star Battalion - Seven Swords
08-23-2009, 01:15 PM
First of all, SSX is all about the skiing (snowboarding = lame)

But yeah, I'm pretty pumped for this title, if done properly, I think it could work really well given the iPhone's unique feature set. Accelerometer + gesture based controls for tricks would be awesome...they already used a similar method for the Wii version, so I got my hopes up

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

08-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

But yeah, I'm pretty pumped for this title, if done properly, I think it could work really well given the iPhone's unique feature set. Accelerometer + gesture based controls for tricks would be awesome...they already used a similar method for the Wii version, so I got my hopes up
Errr wasn't only one game of SSX skiing(crappy wii ssx) all the others are snowboard: ssx, ssx tricky(woo!) ssx 3, most are snowboarding

I LOVED I mean lived ssx tricky, it's was my first PS2 game and still one of my top games on it, behind ratchet&clank and jak&daxter
and I can't wait for ssx iPhone if it's as good as ssx tricky it will be a no brainer!
08-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

SSX stands for Snowboard Supercross
08-23-2009, 01:59 PM
any info on a release frame?
08-23-2009, 02:06 PM
How epic. It sounds like a possible replacement for Crazy Snowboard in my library. Gameloft and EA are totally beasting it up. Chillingo and NgMoco are helping a little bit too.

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2
08-23-2009, 02:07 PM
The newer SSX games are both skiing AND snowboarding. So yeah...pleases both sides
08-23-2009, 05:05 PM
I loved ssx tricky and a few others
the music was great its tricky tricky tricky.love it
08-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Send a message via AIM to Ryan el champ
they need to remake ssx tricky, that is definitely on my top 5 ps2 games list, haha the soundtrack is awesome.

I play to win...

XBL Gamertag: Dude its minion
08-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Command and Conquer?