★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Swabs Online - Hospital Themed MMO - FREE!

08-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Swabs Online - Hospital Themed MMO - FREE!

Hi,

We have just released our new MMORPG for the iPhone, Swabs Online. Swabs Online is based in a hostpial and has more of a story feel than the other MMORPGs currently in the store. It is also the first to use Facebook Connect, which means you can post your in-game acheivements directly to your Facebook wall. Oh, and it's FREE!

Have you got what it takes to make a name for yourself at Sisters of Murkey University College Hospital (SOMUCH)? Pit your abilities against other players and take on various challenges on your climb to the top.

FEATURES:
- Novel motion controlled shortcut bar, gives you quick access.
- Massively Multilplayer Onine Hospital themed game for the iPhone and iPod Touch OS 3.0
- Frequent, free updates with new items, challenges and functions.
- Go head to head with other medics across the globe online.
- Enhance your character with an array of medical tools, equipment and supplies.
- Upgrade your hospital with new facilities to rake in even more cash.
- Become your own chief of staff by inviting your friends to play. The more staff you have the bigger your in-game influence.
- Varied missions, allowing you to earn experience, cash and loot.
- Uniquely designed application featuring colourful graphics and crystal clear sound.
- Real time updates.
- Comment and send messages to other players.
- Facebook integration, post Swabs Online progress to your wall.

This is an online game only. iPod Touch users must be connected to the internet to play.

You can download it from iTunes using this link:

http://www.swabsonline.com/get

Thanks,

Dan

Swabs Online - Get it Now
08-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Unless it brings in any ground breaking (for text based mmos anyways) features, i think i'll stick with being an Amateur Surgeon, thank you.

08-23-2009, 02:50 PM
ughhh tired of these kind of games
08-23-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm interested but ONLY if it is not a code spamming game. Gonna check it out now...

Edit: Who knows, not compatible with 1st gen touch!!

Last edited by Mr. Charley; 08-23-2009 at 02:55 PM.
08-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Yep it's a code spamming game.

The only good text based mmo is igangstar for 3 reasons:

1. No codes.
2. There is no way to make yourself better by paying money.
3. A very active developer.
08-23-2009, 03:22 PM
iGangster is pretty good and is several steps in the right direction, but there are some large balance issues VTX still needs to work out so that us high-level-but-not-nearly-high-enough suckers who keep getting pounded on by higher levels have a fighting chance to get somewhere instead of just camping in the hospital, biding time while trying to build enough income to get somewhere.

This one doesn't look particularly interesting. Pretty standard fare really, unique theme notwithstanding, but the code spamming aspect, as with the rest of them, is a complete dealbreaker.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
08-23-2009, 03:52 PM
I think this one if for a more mature audience. I think I may give it a try. I'm not a real big mmo person and I like that you can do things without being part of a group.
08-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacedolphin View Post
I think this one if for a more mature audience. I think I may give it a try. I'm not a real big mmo person and I like that you can do things without being part of a group.
How can you do things without being part of a group here if it's another spam for codes game?
You'll need to have other members to achieve jobs and build you "staff" to have a fighting chance...
08-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Very cool!

Please write my code down and join my staff. r32okk

Playing right now: Dungeon Hunter
Most recently completed: Inkvaders
All time favorites: Minigore, Zombieville, Hybrid, Underworlds, Nombie, Stay, CozyQuest, Mass Effect Galaxy, Doom Resurrection, Kyzer, Moonlights, Racer.

Last edited by Danzach; 09-01-2009 at 05:08 AM.
08-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzach View Post
Please write my code down and join my staff. R32OKK
This crap is why there's a forum for MMO codes. Please post that there.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko