App description: Now for something completely different from the developers of the Ravenmark saga. Weve got Romans In My Carpet! - an absurd MULTIPLAYER turn-based strategy game in vivid 16-bit pixel glory!

IMPORTANT NOTE: The In-App Purchases are only for COSMETIC uses. There is no pay-to-win rubbish in this game.

I BLEED PIXELS
Stare at a screenful of mite-sized Roman soldiers charge into battle on spider-powered chariots. This is lush 2D life, perfected to a retro-loving science.

I LIKE STRATEGY GAMES
Engage in turn-based wargaming by way of Monty Python, and feel good about cutting up your foes while catching all of our smart, smart japes.

I'M SO COMPETITIVE
Think you're a strategic genius? Challenge your friends in asynchronous multiplayer! Tell them it was just a flesh wound through in-battle chat. Bring your own taunts.

I'VE GOT TWO STORIES
While waiting in between multiplayer matches, continue honing your wits in the single-player campaign, where you do battle against the nefarious AI that lives on our server. Play as both Imperial scum or the rather nekkid tribes of Britannia!

Romans In My Carpet! We're making bedbugs as adorable as a button.

SLIGHTLY LESS IMPORTANT NOTE: Romans In My Carpet! requires a network connection to play.

---

Have any problems? Suggestions, perhaps? Or do you just want to rant (or rave)? Wed love to hear from you. Please reach us at feedback@witching-hour.net

PeteOzzy's comments:

05-27-2014, 05:49 AM
This looks great but I'm a little confused on what it is. The art looks fantastic though I'm not a fan of them making the spaces so big and the units so small. This might be painful for the eyes on an iphone.

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa

05-27-2014, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
This looks great but I'm a little confused on what it is. The art looks fantastic though I'm not a fan of them making the spaces so big and the units so small. This might be painful for the eyes on an iphone.
Same, I'm not entirely sure how this will play - it almost looks like a tabletop wargame such as Warhammer, which would be very interesting to me. But then I'm thrown by the Tower Defence-esque lane running through the SRPG grids. Either way, I absolutely love the art; combine that with the comedy and the developer's pedigree and it looks like a great way to spend a few pounds!

You have to feel for them though; I hope they didn't rush this out to beat Battleheart Legacy only for it to come out a day early lol.

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.
05-27-2014, 06:42 AM
Hopefully it plays like RavenMark cause I'm down for more of that

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
05-27-2014, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
You have to feel for them though; I hope they didn't rush this out to beat Battleheart Legacy only for it to come out a day early lol.
We didn't even know Battlehearts was out soon! We actually delayed a bit to fix some stuff. =X

Ian Gregory, Creative Director at Witching Hour Studios
www.ravenmark-saga.com
www.witching-hour.net
www.facebook.com/RavenmarkSaga
05-27-2014, 06:47 AM
Looks like a funny interpretations of those battles in the old rome
05-27-2014, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
We didn't even know Battlehearts was out soon! We actually delayed a bit to fix some stuff. =X
Always good to hear a developer delay the release to perfect their game, definitely looking forward to this even more. To be fair, the mere mention of Monty Python as an influence guaranteed my purchase!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.
05-27-2014, 07:01 AM
worth a try from the look. after BHL ill try this one.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
05-27-2014, 07:26 AM
Cool. Remember reading about this one a little while back.

But what is with the Tuesday night releases?
05-27-2014, 07:33 AM
Wow, awesome games on Tuesday night already?

But network connection is uncool lol