Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-28-2014, 06:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default iON Bond (by Stewart Hogarth)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 05-29-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 07:01 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Last edited by Chaos_u; 05-28-2014 at 09:41 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Anyone? Hello? I can't be the only one interested in this. Anyone here play "I Am Level"?
---

I'm currently on the third chapter of Ion Bond and I'm really enjoying it. Rather than ions and particles, it's easier to think of the game as about magnets in zero gravity. Same-charged nodes repel each other, differently-charged nodes attract. By linking nodes, you can manuever them around the screen, to both collide like-colored nodes and to collect the three pick-ups in each level. It's all about figuring out how to use the bonds and different node charges to your advantage and when to break bonds and conserving momentum.

The chapters start out simple enough, and each adds a new mechanic, from particle-destroying dark matter surfaces, neutral white nodes, static unmoving modes, undecided nodes whose charge can be changed, and that's only the four out of the six chapters.

Ion Bond is easy to control, looks great, and feels polished. The mechanics are simple but when combined, allow for a variety of challenging puzzles. My only complaint is the first two chapters are kind of easy, but the third chapter is tricky and I haven't started the others yet.

Last edited by Bronxsta; 05-28-2014 at 05:43 PM..
Old 05-28-2014, 05:40 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I'm going to pick it up too but in the UK we have one more sleep to go. Be right with it in the morning.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:41 PM

I am definitely interested, but ... Since I live in the Netherlands this game still is not available in the AppStore . I will have to wait another 1,5 hours before I can try it.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:06 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Anyone? Hello? I can't be the only one interested in this. Anyone here play "I Am Level"?
---

I'm currently on the third chapter of Ion Bond and I'm really enjoying it. Rather than ions and particles, it's easier to think of the game as about magnets in zero gravity. Same-charged nodes repel each other, differently-charged nodes attract. By linking nodes, you can manuever them around the screen, to both collide like-colored nodes and to collect the three pick-ups in each level. It's all about figuring out how to use the bonds and different node charges to your advantage and when to break bonds and conserving momentum.

The chapters start out simple enough, and each adds a new mechanic, from particle-destroying dark matter surfaces, neutral white nodes, static unmoving modes, undecided nodes whose charge can be changed, and that's only the four out of the six chapters.

Ion Bond is easy to control, looks great, and feels polished. The mechanics are simple but when combined, allow for a variety of challenging puzzles. My only complaint is the first two chapters are kind of easy, but the third chapter is tricky and I haven't started the others yet.
Nope, I am here!

Great game!

Highly recommended!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:32 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Really really like it. A very nice puzzler. I think it'll take a lot to get it noticed but I think it's a little cracker and do hope people pick it up.
I would love Game Center on it - some kind of score based on time to complete lever x number of stars/neutrinos kind of thing.
Gets very tricky too but so far everything has been possible.

Quick edit: a restart level button on the right hand side would be great too as I tend to try to 3 star levels before moving on. No big shakes - pause and restart is only a matter of seconds more but it would just be nice to have.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Really really like it. A very nice puzzler. I think it'll take a lot to get it noticed but I think it's a little cracker and do hope people pick it up.
I would love Game Center on it - some kind of score based on time to complete lever x number of stars/neutrinos kind of thing.
Gets very tricky too but so far everything has been possible.

Quick edit: a restart level button on the right hand side would be great too as I tend to try to 3 star levels before moving on. No big shakes - pause and restart is only a matter of seconds more but it would just be nice to have.
Yeah, hopefully, it will get more attention, a really good game here.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:52 PM

Default Game Impressions

Old 06-01-2014, 02:29 PM

The bonding effects do look awesome, mesmerizing.