Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-28-2014, 05:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Warfare Nations (by VOLV)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 05-29-2014 at 10:17 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 06:03 AM

I'm liking the looks of this one
Old 05-28-2014, 06:10 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

It's pretty much like Bomb Beach.

Last edited by Chaos_u; 05-28-2014 at 10:18 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 09:26 AM

This looks interesting now wait for argument of it being online argument in 3...2...1
Old 05-28-2014, 10:50 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Does the screen scroll automatically or can you drag to move it yourself? Right now I can already see an issue (in the video) of not being able to see the enemy because it's offscreen but your soldiers are shooting offscreen. That could get very annoying very quickly. ??
Old 05-28-2014, 11:21 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxiccheese View Post
Does the screen scroll automatically or can you drag to move it yourself? Right now I can already see an issue (in the video) of not being able to see the enemy because it's offscreen but your soldiers are shooting offscreen. That could get very annoying very quickly. ??
You can drag to move the screen, and you can direct the soldiers and keep them on the screen where you can see them all the time. Because it wasn't bother me at all, so I let them offscreen, maybe that was not good to win the game,but it's really doesn't matter.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:14 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Is it ruined by iap or timers?
Looks good though.
Bit like plants v zombies but war oriented? I don't mind it been online only
Old 05-28-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
This looks interesting now wait for argument of it being online argument in 3...2...1
Who cares if a freemium game is online only? And if it's a multiplayer game, the online requirement isn't open for debate. The only time that it's an issue is in a premium single player game.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I cannot find out online who the developers of this game are individually, although the company VOLV lld is located in Beijing according to their site. The reason I mention this is something that caught my eye in the screenshot. It could be an accident, or not. I tend to believe it isn't.

Basically when you look at the soldier whose uniform resembles that of the German you will notice on center of his shirt is a depiction of a flag that is horizontal, black on bottom, red on top.

Why this is important, at least to me, is that while it is obviously not the flag used by the nazis in ww2 (I know that its depiction in games may be legally prohibited in some countries). The important part is that this is a real flag and it's most basic version, without symbols is used by the nationalists in Ukraine today. Do you see where I am going with this?

(Brief summary in case you want to know)The game features a side that looks like Russians based on clothing and the red stars. This pointed to me that this isn't a coincidence that the game has the red and black flag of Ukraine nationalist, which is also the color scheme of Ukraine's military forces.
The flag represents the Ukrainian national defense army, and similarly, the Ukrainian partisan army. The flag existed since before WW2 , when Ukrainians fought a war against USSR. USSR called it (and Russia calls it today) a civil war, suggesting that Ukraine was a soviet territory. So briefly in the first year of the 2nd World War Ukrainian nationalist army allied with the invading Germany in hopes of acquiring independence. Of course it didn't work and most of them were killed by both the USSR and the Nazis. Crimean Tatars also allied with Germany back then, and were punished by massive exile by USSR.
If you follow any world events today you may know that those people who are supporting Putin or are Russian nationalists call Ukraine's government and it's modern nationalists "fascists", while pro Ukraine Ukrainians call Putin "Putler".

As you may have noticed I tried to describe known to me historical events as briefly as possible and tried to insert my opinion as little as possible.

That out if the way, I noticed the peculiar way in which Russians and Germans are depicted in this game. If this is just a coincidence then of course it is not a big deal. But this seems to be more than simply a coincidence, because of the recent events and specific symbolism.

If this game is great, none of that stuff mentioned above should matter. I have yet to play it for more than five minutes. But if this is intentional, I think it is very inappropriate and is in poor taste so to speak.

I know that the game is probably made in Beijing. It is very possible that the artists working on the game have strong political views, or that some development of the game was outsourced to the Russian Federation, which could also explain it.

I am curious whether anyone else noticed this, or maybe anyone has something to add.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodangel View Post
Is it ruined by iap or timers?
Looks good though.
Bit like plants v zombies but war oriented? I don't mind it been online only
Not like plants vs zombies. If you could compare it to PvZ then the two sides would be two factions of zombies who have to check the lanes ahead and send units out to overpower the upcoming units from the other side.

There are actually many games with exactly the same mechanic but different themes. I know I've seen at least one with a scifi theme, more than one with humanity vs zombies theme, USA vs someone, something ww2 themed, and some others. This game type also has appeared online in browser.

Maybe someone knows the origin of this genre. I'd like to know for sure.