Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-28-2014, 06:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Perfect Paths (by Hyperbolic Magnetism)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 05-29-2014 at 10:15 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 06:23 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Will check it out later. "allow any player to find his own solution", interesting

Last edited by Chaos_u; 05-29-2014 at 10:22 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

I've been playing Perfect Paths for a week now and it has become one of my favorite IOS puzzle games. While the game is clearly inspired by SpaceChem, as a mobile game, I feel that Perfect Paths is the superior experience. SpaceChem was a port; this was built from the ground up for mobile and it shows in the smooth responsive controls and touch-friendly interface. The game is simply and easy to control and that's a big plus, allowing you to focus more on the execution and planning and timing and less on the actual act of drawing out your path.

All that is good, but what always matters first is the gameplay and in that aspect, Perfect Paths does not disappoint. At its most basic level, your goal is actually quite simple. All you have to do is move the colored blocks onto the like-colored tiles. It's reminiscent of Trainyard, but Perfect Paths has its own style and challenge. This is a game of logic, of step-by-step planning, of counting turns and meticulously setting up your commands and paths. It's the kind of game where, once you know how all the elements work together, you could succeed on your first try if you think ahead and consider how and when and where each move will affect the next.

Unlike Trainyard, where you'd just draw rails, Perfect Paths'...paths are incremental, designed around intervals of commands. You can make blocks move in various directions, push each other, link together, disconnect. The early levels are easy, but soon more mechanics are layered on and the simple obvious solutions won't work. Synchronizing paths, figuring out where and when to make blocks interact with each other, while still allowing them to reach their own tiles, watching your carefully-designed array of commands in motion, refining and improving and perfecting, that's what Perfect Paths is about.

If you enjoyed SpaceChem and/or Trainyard, or like logic-based puzzles, you'll probably like Perfect Paths. It's challenging and tricky and satisfying and just a fun puzzle game.

Last edited by Bronxsta; 05-28-2014 at 07:14 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 07:16 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I've been playing Perfect Paths for a week now and it has become one of my favorite IOS puzzle games. While the game is clearly inspired by SpaceChem, as a mobile game, I feel that Perfect Paths is the superior experience. SpaceChem was a port; this was built from the ground up for mobile and it shows in the smooth responsive controls and touch-friendly interface. The game is simply and easy to control and that's a big plus, allowing you to focus more on the execution and planning and timing and less on the actual act of drawing out your path.

All that is good, but what always matters first is the gameplay and in that aspect, Perfect Paths does not disappoint. At its most basic level, your goal is actually quite simple. All you have to do is move the colored blocks onto the like-colored tiles. It's reminiscent of Trainyard, but Perfect Paths has its own style and challenge. This is a game of logic, of step-by-step planning, of counting turns and meticulously setting up your commands and paths. It's the kind of game where, once you know how all the elements work together, you could succeed on your first try if you think ahead and consider how and when and where each move will affect the next.

Unlike Trainyard, where you'd just draw rails, Perfect Paths'...paths are incremental, designed around intervals of commands. You can make blocks move in various directions, push each other, link together, disconnect. The early levels are easy, but soon more mechanics are layered on and the simple obvious solutions won't work. Synchronizing paths, figuring out how to make blocks interact with each other, while still allowing them to reach their own tiles, watching your carefully-designed array of commands in motion, refining and improving and perfecting, that's what Perfect Paths is about.

If you enjoyed SpaceChem and/or Trainyard, or like logic-based puzzles, you'll probably like Perfect Paths. It's challenging and tricky and satisfying and just a fun puzzle game.
And with that any doubts I had are gone! Shame it's 7.1 but that's what multiple devices are for I guess. This has to be my pick of the week I think; though Dragon Quest VIII has a place in my heart, it's good to see a new promising IP. That last screenshot just looks amazing, loving it!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Youtube link | Pop Up

Old 05-28-2014, 07:48 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

The Gameplay:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

coming from "Lums" creator and many other awesome games on the App Store. check it out.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:48 AM

Thanks for creating this thread guys! If you find my game interesting and want to try, but you don't want to buy it for some reason, let me know. I have few promocodes left and I can spare them for TA forum users
Old 05-28-2014, 09:52 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split82 View Post
Thanks for creating this thread guys! If you find my game interesting and want to try, but you don't want to buy it for some reason, let me know. I have few promocodes left and I can spare them for TA forum users
As much as I hate myself for asking, I'd be more than happy to give it a whirl and then leave some impressions before it's released worldwide. Absolutely mesmerised by the gif above so I'm intrigued! Either way, thank you for the generous offer!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:06 AM

I wouldnt mind a promo too if its not asking for much, i could also leave impression on the store ;d
Old 05-28-2014, 10:17 AM
iPad Air

Space Chem and Trainyard!?!

This is now my top pick of the week. Looks fantastic, by the way.