Spooklands (by Luderia)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vexille, May 28, 2014.

1. Vexille

Vexille Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Lead Programmer
    Santa Maria, RS - Brazil
    #1 Vexille, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
    Hello everyone! I'm the lead programmer and co-founder of Luderia studios. We're the makers of Carmachia, which I also posted about here! Today I'd like to tell you about our new upcoming game...

[​IMG]

Spooklands is a survival "one-finger shooter" with an unique control scheme based on shot knockback. Tap to shoot in that direction and also to be pushed in the opposte direction by the knockback. Try balancing when to shoot to kill and when to shoot to move to get the highest scores!

[​IMG]
    Amazonia

There are three different levels with different characters and difficulty: Amazonia (inspired by Brazilian folklore), Spider's Nest (with its hordes of deadly spiders) and Necropolis (where the dead walk!)

Ten power-ups make everything blow up and flash in beautiful colors, unlock them as you play and get even better scores!

Watch the Trailer!

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game is still in development, but we're very much near completion! We're just working on some finishing touches as well as dealing with everything marketing related, so the actual release should be anywhere within the next couple of months.

If you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear them! I'll also be posting some more content soon, so stay tuned!

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Nice to see you on TA! I actually just noticed the TIGForum thread after your email and now I'm anticipating your game even more. Really like the varied art style

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Looks fun!

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    This is adorable, and I like how you described your gameplay. I'm following this thread.

5. Lipedal

Lipedal Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Game Design Director @ Luderia
    Santa Maria, Brazil
    Glad you liked it, guys! We'll soon be posting more content :)

Bronxsta, the TIGForum thread was stale for a while, but Vex just started updating it again. We're going to make a thread on Chatroom too. Thanks again for your advice!

6. Vexille

Vexille Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Lead Programmer
    Santa Maria, RS - Brazil
    Thanks everybody, and thanks a lot too, Bronxsta!

Now it's time for some more pretty pictures!

[​IMG]
    Black magic in the Necropolis

Also, some screenshots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's a boss on each level that you'll see once you get far enough in it. They're a lot tougher, but they'll give you tons of points! In the above screenshot you can see the boss of Spider's Nest.

That's it for now, folks! Thanks for the support!

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#7 Bronxsta, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
    How does weapon/power-up selection work? Do you choose beforehand or is it Super Crate Box-style, with random pick-ups appearing in the arena?

Also do different weapons affect your movement? Like a rapid fire weapon would push you around faster, but a powerful shotgun would propel you less, so you'd have to sacrifice mobility for firepower?

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow this looks fantastic! (Thanks Bronxsta)

I have the same questions as him as well

9. Vexille

Vexille Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Lead Programmer
    Santa Maria, RS - Brazil
    It does work a bit like Super Crate Box indeed. There are score milestones that'll trigger the power-up drop, and which one will drop will be randomized from the unlocked power-ups.

And each weapon does affect your movement slightely differently, yes. It can differ even within the same weapon, like your basic weapon having the normal shot which pushes you back a bit (but effectively has a quicker cooldown) and the charged shot, which will take you longer to fire, bit will push you a bit more.

Besides that, there's is one weapon which changes the movement dynamics, the Fist of Might!

[​IMG]

Instead of moving backwards, you actually move with each shot. When you tap the screen, you'll become the Fist and demolish everything in your way! And to change it up even more, its charged shot doesn't really move you at all (but explodes everything around you.)

10. Altair_89

Altair_89 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Looks awesome. I'm would like to play it ))))))

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Looking forward to this!

12. cdbaksu

cdbaksu Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    iPad only? :(

13. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    #13 NiceDude, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    Spooklands will be universal
    Game is now releasing August 14th, will be $0.99, no IAP

New info and images

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. cdbaksu

cdbaksu Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    #14 cdbaksu, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    Awesome!

edit: any info on IAP?

15. Vexille

Vexille Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Lead Programmer
    Santa Maria, RS - Brazil
    Hey! No IAP whatsoever, it'll be full premium. Pay $0.99 once, have everything in the game forever!