Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-28-2014, 09:04 PM

Default Emma and the Inventor: Resonance

Old 05-28-2014, 09:06 PM

I haven't played the original, but this looks promising. Free download with a 4.99 unlock IAP.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:31 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Free.Downloading...
Old 06-07-2014, 05:23 PM

Downloaded, purchased the full game unlock, played until the first locked door puzzle, then deleted.

There's nothing wrong with the game. It oozes charm and enthusiasm, and is old fashioned in a delightful way.

However... After buying the 'full game', I was informed at the first locked door puzzle that I only had three free opportunities to skip a puzzle, after which I'd have to pay more money for consumable IAP.

As it happens, I solved that puzzle in seconds. That's not the issue. It's the lack of respect shown by a company that insists on treating it's paying clients as walking piggie banks. I also no longer trust the puzzle design after this underhanded extra payment method was revealed. Can they really expect me to believe that they WON'T make puzzles unnecessarily boring, difficult, annoying, obtuse or unresponsive when they make money off of frustrated players paying for skips in order to progress in the adventure they paid for?

I have no problems buying multiple Big Fish ($4 to $7) adventure games a week, but that's because I know I'm making a single one-time payment for a complete experience.

Regardless of price and quality, I will avoid this developer's projects like the plague from now on.

What a shame. I'd been really excited about this one, too.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Downloaded, purchased the full game unlock, played until the first locked door puzzle, then deleted.

There's nothing wrong with the game. It oozes charm and enthusiasm, and is old fashioned in a delightful way.

However... After buying the 'full game', I was informed at the first locked door puzzle that I only had three free opportunities to skip a puzzle, after which I'd have to pay more money for consumable IAP.

As it happens, I solved that puzzle in seconds. That's not the issue. It's the lack of respect shown by a company that insists on treating it's paying clients as walking piggie banks. I also no longer trust the puzzle design after this underhanded extra payment method was revealed. Can they really expect me to believe that they WON'T make puzzles unnecessarily boring, difficult, annoying, obtuse or unresponsive when they make money off of frustrated players paying for skips in order to progress in the adventure they paid for?

I have no problems buying multiple Big Fish ($4 to $7) adventure games a week, but that's because I know I'm making a single one-time payment for a complete experience.

Regardless of price and quality, I will avoid this developer's projects like the plague from now on.

Thanks for TOFTT, I'm sorry it's another paidmium...
Old 06-07-2014, 06:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post

Wow. so glad you wrote about this and stopped me from buying the game.
Thank you for that.

I believe what they did is called bait and switch and it's illegal.

But, obviously, they don't care.

I see this a lot in the hidden adventure type games.