Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-29-2014, 11:37 AM

Default I keep playing games and stopping... Anyone else like this?

I'll get a new game, or boardgame, and at first, awesome... But after a day or two I basically stop playing forever. The problem isn't that the games suck. They're some great games and I enjoy them... But I just get annoyed or something. It's just so easy to move onto the next one. On a slightly side note, with battle heart legacy, I'd LOVE to get it.... But I'm afraid I'll just get bored again. Any advice or anyone else also feel this way?
Old 05-29-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
I'll get a new game, or boardgame, and at first, awesome... But after a day or two I basically stop playing forever. The problem isn't that the games suck. They're some great games and I enjoy them... But I just get annoyed or something. It's just so easy to move onto the next one. On a slightly side note, with battle heart legacy, I'd LOVE to get it.... But I'm afraid I'll just get bored again. Any advice or anyone else also feel this way?
yeah i'm exactly like you, trying all game, deleting all those that i don't like, keeping the ones i like, then i delete even if i like them and reinstall them some months after

unfortunately, it will be the same with battleheart legacy
i got it already finished it and i'll probably not play it in a week

two advices that should help you: -take your time. maybe you don't play these games because you finish them too fast

-buy a mmorpg, like order and chaos, heroes of order and chaos, arcane legends, avabel online, solstice arena, imo the world of magic (mmo for iPad/iphone)

i personally bought guild wars 2 on mac and can't stop playing it even if i am on the same case as you are
Old 05-29-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiusCross View Post
yeah i'm exactly like you, trying all game, deleting all those that i don't like, keeping the ones i like, then i delete even if i like them and reinstall them some months after

unfortunately, it will be the same with battleheart legacy
i got it already finished it and i'll probably not play it in a week

two advices that should help you: -take your time. maybe you don't play these games because you finish them too fast

-buy a mmorpg, like order and chaos, heroes of order and chaos, arcane legends, avabel online, solstice arena, imo the world of magic (mmo for iPad/iphone)

i personally bought guild wars 2 on mac and can't stop playing it even if i am on the same case as you are
But I never even finish them. I play say, cut the rope 2, or the original bbattleheart and get partway through then just stop. And MMO's are a no for me. They require way too much time and I wanna play more games, not just one game. Money is a issue, but only if I don't beat the game.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
But I never even finish them. I play say, cut the rope 2, or the original bbattleheart and get partway through then just stop. And MMO's are a no for me. They require way too much time and I wanna play more games, not just one game. Money is a issue, but only if I don't beat the game.
I finished BH Legacy in 8 hours so you won't be able to not finish it

You should try Heroes of Order and Chaos, MMO yes, but a game lasts 10-25 minutes only, so you're not obliged to spend a lot of time.
It's according to me the game that fits the most the type of player you have.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:

You should try Heroes of Order and Chaos, MMO yes, but a game lasts 10-25 minutes only, so you're not obliged to spend a lot of time.
It's according to me the game that fits the most the type of player you are
Old 05-29-2014, 04:39 PM

Sorry for double post, tried to correct my last word
Old 05-29-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiusCross View Post

It's according to me the game that fits the most the type of player you are
I think you have me misinterpreted. The problem is that I get bored, or im just tired and wanna play a simple game, and then I get annoyed at that too <.< though... I actually am a bit intrigued by an IOS MMO. But yeah, my big problem is that I play games then stop. Then ignore them and get *new game title with shiny graphics and Stunnning gameplay*
Old 05-29-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I think you have me misinterpreted. The problem is that I get bored, or im just tired and wanna play a simple game, and then I get annoyed at that too <.< though... I actually am a bit intrigued by an IOS MMO. But yeah, my big problem is that I play games then stop. Then ignore them and get *new game title with shiny graphics and Stunnning gameplay*
Btw, GOOD GOD THAT GAME IS BIG. I doubt I'd have any space left XD maybe I'll just download it and delete it, and try it later
Old 05-29-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I guess this is what happens to you: Letīs say you want to completely finish game A, B, C and D
You start playing game A
You start to like game A and go through it with no problems
You find a problem, you need to be higher level to do something, thereīs a level that doesnīt make much sense to you, you have to grind or you donīt have enough money to do something, a hard level, etc. As it is already known that thereīs a bunch of games in your list you go to the next one and forget game A
You quit the game and repeat the process with game B
Months later you realise you still like A, but feel like you donīt want to re-do the process done before
Old 05-29-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjhonfre View Post
I guess this is what happens to you: Letīs say you want to completely finish game A, B, C and D
You start playing game A
You start to like game A and go through it with no problems
You find a problem, you need to be higher level to do something, thereīs a level that doesnīt make much sense to you, you have to grind or you donīt have enough money to do something, a hard level, etc. As it is already known that thereīs a bunch of games in your list you go to the next one and forget game A
You quit the game and repeat the process with game B
Months later you realise you still like A, but feel like you donīt want to re-do the process done before
Seems about right. And this isn't just ios games. It's ALL games... It's just easier on ios since they're cheaper and go on sale more then say some wii u games. Also, I recenrly just deleted a ton of games that I know I'll never play... But I also deleted games I'll play but idk when <.< like shadow sun. On sale, so I got it... But I don't wanna play it yet XD