★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get it now for only $0.99!

"The tap-to-shoot mechanic is excellentThis is good-looking, cheap, alien-killing fun." IGN.com

"I enjoyed it immensely... Id be hard pressed to say theres anything comparable to it in the App store right now." TouchMyApps.com GRAB IT Award
Prey Invasion is NOT a port. It's an *ALL-NEW* adventure starring Tommy Hawk, a modern-day Cherokee warrior who can tap into his unique native powers, such as spirit walking and shooting his powerful spirit bow.

Prey Invasion is a unique follow-up to the 2006 console hit called a ""masterpiece"" by Game Informer (rated 9.5/10), and ranked by TIME magazine as one the Top 10 Games of 2006.

The world is under attack from an alien menace, but they've picked on
the wrong man and his girlfriend. Tommy Hawk takes no prisoners as he
plows through level after level of mutated aliens in search of his
loved one. But can he rescue her before she is hideously transformed
into one of them?

The original Prey introduced several amazing gameplay modes, and Prey Invasion
has them too:

- Spirit Walk -- Become a ghostly hunter with a powerful spirit bow
- Wall Walk -- Walls become floors as you figure out new attack strategies
- Death Walk -- When you die, it's not a frustrating set-back, return almost immediately to the action

Two control schemes are offered: digital and analog. Selecting analog places a pair of discs on the screen used to control Tommy's direction of movement and sight. Choosing the digital scheme, on the other hand, arranges a series of directional buttons that can be placed wherever you wish. A high-powered, super smooth 3D engine introduces TapShot which takes full advantage of the touch screen interface to easily and quickly aim and shoot enemies, without the frustration of trying to line up your weapon perfectly.

By legendary game musician Jeremy Soule (Oblivion, Guild Wars, Star
Wars: Bounty Hunter)

Check out other great games from Hands-On Mobile:

3D Hunting, 3D Hunting Alaskan Hunt, Crystal Quest, Kitten Cannon (Original), &YetiSports

Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/handsonmobile

diffusion8r's comments:

Looks like a permanent price drop, so take your time.

Worth getting now it's bargain priced?
08-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
bought it, will post impressions later today,
also there is already little topic about prey, but there isnt much info in it:

Add me @ Gamecenter - JCik#68

08-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Ah, cool. Didn't see the thread until now, but it's kinda small, and some people could have missed the initial drop.

Can't wait for impressions.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
08-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to diabolus
Sorry for my language, but...

Prey Invasion just SUCKS.

The graphics are so primitive that I cannot look on the screen, the sound is the worst I could imagine in a game, the control system was made by idiots.

Im honest and I just tell what I think.

Im the first in German AppStore who wrote about this game.

My review is still Number 1 there.

I became my money back from AppStore, because this game is an insult for iPhone gamers. Games like this shall not be in the AppStore.

I am fan of FPS games and I was waiting for Prey. But this is not Prey. This is bullshit.

Its my opinion.

08-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Oh dang, guess I'll have to pass.

08-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by diabolus View Post
But this is not Prey. This is bullshit.
"This is Prey. This is bullshit." - fixed

How can people think this could be worth more than a nickel? The original Prey was one of the weakest FPS games in the last 10 years. It was boring, it was relatively ugly, it was uninspired and the multiplayer was even worse...

How could this be any better?
08-24-2009, 06:53 AM
unfortunately i dont care how much the game costs, because i wont get it unless the controls are fixed, same goes with duke nukem...
08-24-2009, 07:04 AM
I felt Prey sucked as well. Was boring and graphics were not that great.(aka pretty bad) The controls were bad and the story was uninteresting. I didn't refund in hope to get better games as they had a good idea but was poorly executed. Unfortunately, I was wrong. They never updated it and Duke Nukem has bad controls as well, though I heard they will be fixed in an update.

08-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by stnsn View Post
"This is Prey. This is bullshit." - fixed
haha +1 totally agree