Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-02-2014, 04:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Jezza (by Green Sofa Games)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 06-02-2014 at 05:43 PM..
Old 06-02-2014, 05:13 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I'd love to see a game play video of this game - it looks like it could be lots of fun, depending on how good the controls are.

I'm a sucker for a good driving game...
Old 06-02-2014, 05:43 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Pretty unique one, will see if I can handle this one.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Added a trailer I finally managed to find, looks really quite interesting actually! Was hoping it would have some resemblance to either Cubed Rally, Dawn of the Plow or No Brakes Valet and it does seem like it would fit well amongst those games.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:16 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

The trailer looks cool. I'm just still not sure what it is?
Old 06-02-2014, 09:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Good fun and likely in the vague vein of stuff like Snow Plow or No Brakes Valet, but different.

Choose a vehicle (only 1 unlocked at first but based on your combined top course scores of each vehicle unlocked, you unlock MORE vehicles and areas) and then an area (city streets, big highway, runway, etc.)

Your mission is to go through little rally gates as that randomly appear on the course at as high a speed as possible without actually hitting the either gate (if you do you'll receive a penalty flag). You also can get bonus points for smacking into caravans, again based on the speed you hit them. While all this is going on there will be oodles of civilian cars, buses, even taxiing jets, getting in your way. You can slam into them without fear of repercussion beyond knocking you off course and they'll often knock gates over before you get to them! While you can ram into most vehicles without concern there are 2 exceptions. Hitting a police car or bus will instantly end the game.

So go about rushing through gates and ramming caravans as fast as possible while avoiding knocking gate pylons over (5 times and it is game over) or bumping into a bus or police vehicle. Also if you ever slow down to under 8 mph too long will end the game.

The controls are kind of clever and simple. Just place a marker on the map and your car will try to speed straight toward it. The speed your vehicle goes at is based on the distance of the marker with it being placed further away making you go faster. The only other control is a single button that acts as both a brake, and once stopped, reverse (I assume directly away from the marker).
Old 06-04-2014, 01:56 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Good fun and likely in the vague vein of stuff like Snow Plow or No Brakes Valet, but different.

Choose a vehicle (only 1 unlocked at first but based on your combined top course scores of each vehicle unlocked, you unlock MORE vehicles and areas) and then an area (city streets, big highway, runway, etc.)

Your mission is to go through little rally gates as that randomly appear on the course at as high a speed as possible without actually hitting the either gate (if you do you'll receive a penalty flag). You also can get bonus points for smacking into caravans, again based on the speed you hit them. While all this is going on there will be oodles of civilian cars, buses, even taxiing jets, getting in your way. You can slam into them without fear of repercussion beyond knocking you off course and they'll often knock gates over before you get to them! While you can ram into most vehicles without concern there are 2 exceptions. Hitting a police car or bus will instantly end the game.

So go about rushing through gates and ramming caravans as fast as possible while avoiding knocking gate pylons over (5 times and it is game over) or bumping into a bus or police vehicle. Also if you ever slow down to under 8 mph too long will end the game.

The controls are kind of clever and simple. Just place a marker on the map and your car will try to speed straight toward it. The speed your vehicle goes at is based on the distance of the marker with it being placed further away making you go faster. The only other control is a single button that acts as both a brake, and once stopped, reverse (I assume directly away from the marker).
Just started playing, but LordGek's observations are accurate so far.

Ipad screenshot

Old 06-04-2014, 07:40 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Okay, after rereading the rules I noticed some subtlties I missed previously.

Unlike bumping a bus that instantly ends your game, it isn't merely bumping the police that will end your game but IF from such a bump or collision with a police vehicle causes your speed dips down under 8 mph.

This is therefore a little confusing as it means if you bump police but keep moving at a high enough speed there is no problem and that you can slow down to a stop even at other times without fear UNLESS a police car tags you right then.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:50 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

The gfx of the cars and how they handle remind me of supercars 1 and 2 on Amiga
Old 06-04-2014, 09:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hello guys - I'm the developer of Jezza...

Thanks for your kind words!

Let me elaborate on the details of buses and police HUMV's...

If you collide with a bus and are going faster than 5mph at the exact same time it's game over. If you collide with a police HUMV and you are going less than 8mph at the exact same time, it's game over.

With the police, there is also a random factor that says, sometimes, they will let you off! You learn not to rely on this though - best thing is to avoid both bus and police altogether - if you can. On stage 8 and beyond, on most areas, this is quite a challenge.

I had to strike a balance here. Lowering these parameters too much made the game too hard - especially when you have two police HUMV's chasing you. Idea is for the player to listen out carefully for the bus and police sounds and then stay clear of where you think they might appear. Generally, keep in the middle of the screen if you're not sure where they will appear.

Also, there is an invisible radius around the police HUMV that gets bigger as the stages progress. Only if your vehicle drives within this radius will the police start to chase. Also, the chase duration gets longer and longer. It starts of at a few seconds and goes up to over 40 seconds at around stage 25! Note though that the police will only chase once per appearance, so if you manage to avoid them, they will go away and not chase until they re-appear again. During this phase, you are allowed to smash into them if you want. So long as you do this above 8mph, you'll be safe.

If you feel the balance is not quite right, I'd love to know your thoughts.. Is the game too easy? too hard in this respect?

Many Thanks,
Jezza