★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The creators of Fruit Ninja are proud to share their latest adventures in the culinary arts a new puzzle game that lets you play with your food!

Yes Chef follows the story of a young apprentice named Cherry, with dreams of becoming the greatest chef in the world. With your help, Cherry must travel the globe in search of mouth-watering recipes for her very own restaurant!

Match three of more ingredients across 100 levels to find the perfect seasoning for each and every dish. Serve customers, bake cakes, and compete with friends to become a true cooking legend.

Unlock awesome power-ups and special abilities along the way to boost your skills in the kitchen. Our friends over at the Fruit Ninja dojo may even stop by to offer some help along the way!

Do you share the same dream as Cherry? Download Yes Chef for free today!

KEY FEATURES

- Switch and match ingredients to master each level
- Vegetables, seafood and yummy desserts
- Timed challenges, special events and more
- Upgrade your cooking skills to beat the toughest levels
- Challenge your friends on Facebook for extra rewards

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This game contains optional in-app purchases. You can disable this feature in the settings menu of your device.

View our privacy policy at http://halfbrick.com/pp
Views our terms of service at Http://halfbrick.com/tos
06-03-2014, 07:49 AM
I'm actually enjoying this. I'm yet to use a single unit of the energy bar and the currency seems pretty generous too. I know it's not going to convince the hardline F2P-haters but it's by far the most enjoyable freemium matcher I've played in a very long time. It has the usual Halfbrick polish and charm with some nice RPG-lite levelling that will eventually counteract the energy system.

It's still freemium and it's still a very generic genre but it's not the evil entity you may fear it to be.

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.

06-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm actually enjoying this. I'm yet to use a single unit of the energy bar and the currency seems pretty generous too. I know it's not going to convince the hardline F2P-haters but it's by far the most enjoyable freemium matcher I've played in a very long time. It has the usual Halfbrick polish and charm with some nice RPG-lite levelling that will eventually counteract the energy system.

It's still freemium and it's still a very generic genre but it's not the evil entity you may fear it to be.
Thanks for that review. I may try it based on your thoughts.

I'm by no means a F2P hater, but I hate games that don't seem to have any originality (at least based on screen shots). All I can think of when I see those pics is this game could have/should have been called Food Crush... *

*don't sue me King.com for using the word "crush"
06-03-2014, 08:06 AM
It's definitely difficult to find an original matching game and this certainly doesn't achieve that level unfortunately. It tries though and I can appreciate that. It's quite reassuring that both currencies seem to solely be used for the boosts, of which I have not touched despite three starring the first ten or so levels.

Again, it's not groundbreaking, but then sometimes all I want is a reliable matcher - predictable but scratches that itch I get occasionally.

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
06-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Hate to say it but I think HB has "gone over" to a certain degree. Fruit Ninja ain't the game is used to be due to recent updates. I'd love to see a FN 2 that took the fundamentals of that game and improved it without the consumable iap stuff that they've added.

This game doesn't look terribly inspired...
06-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Match 3, looks very similar to Candy crush
06-03-2014, 08:55 AM
So now it's official: at Halfbrick are totally worshipping the dollar... I have to admit I'd never expected it from them... too bad.

FaceBook: Original Dex
GameCenter: OriginalDex
06-03-2014, 09:27 AM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
06-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Game Impressions

Freemium Garbage with even more Freemium (IAP) then in most King.com Games. Halfbrick Studios has reached a new low.

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-08-2014 at 08:15 AM.
06-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Regardless how generous the timers or currency is.

This kind of match-3 and no originality type of game is abundant in the App Store.

No point wasting your time on this game when your time can be better spent on battleheart legacy or equivalent type of game.

Time is precious. Choose your game wisely. You don't have forever on this earth. Bye.