Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-04-2014, 05:31 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default JuJu Ball (by Hard Corps Mindworks)

Old 06-04-2014, 05:48 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

This looks fun. On watch list for weekend.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:33 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I didn't like the controls either like the others at first, but when I get use to it, the game is totally worth.

Last edited by Chaos_u; 06-05-2014 at 10:48 AM..
Old 06-04-2014, 08:48 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I wanted to delete this game after spending 15 minutes in the tutorial to get used to these odd and pretty finicky controls. Tap left + hold rolls the ball to the right, just a short tap left nudges the ball a short distance to the right too, fling left lets the ball jump to the right. All vice versa of course.
Oh yes, while rolling to a side you already can prepare a fling and let it go when needed.

After a Battleheart break i gave it a second go. Hmm...getting much better and even controlled precise jumps are possible now.

From the name and icon i would have easily overlooked this game but since it's one of two paid games today (so far) i'm glad now that i bought it, but can't recommend it straight from my heart at all.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:20 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 6.x

Hi Qwertz555,

We really appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to give JuJu Ball a try. We struggled for a long time on the controls -- it was a challenge trying to get the range of mobility that we wanted on a touch screen device. What we found in our play testing was similar to your experience -- it was difficult at first, but the players that persisted quickly grew accustomed to it and over time became quite proficient (and addicted).

This is our first app, so we are definitely still learning what is best. I am curious if you would mind elaborating on what you did not like about the app icon, and what you DO like about other app icons?

Thanks a bunch for your time!
-Cameron Barry, CTO
Hard Corps Mindworks LLC
e: support@hardcorpsmindworks.com
w: [url]www.hardcorpsmindworks.com[/url]

Last edited by CameronHCMW; 06-04-2014 at 09:02 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 12:04 AM

The controls are not easy to get down, but once you get them, the game becomes a blast to play. Not sure about later in the game, but the first few levels have a perfect level of difficulty.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:23 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 06-05-2014, 02:52 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronHCMW View Post
Hi Qwertz555,

We really appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to give JuJu Ball a try. We struggled for a long time on the controls -- it was a challenge trying to get the range of mobility that we wanted on a touch screen device. What we found in our play testing was similar to your experience -- it was difficult at first, but the players that persisted quickly grew accustomed to it and over time became quite proficient (and addicted).

This is our first app, so we are definitely still learning what is best. I am curious if you would mind elaborating on what you did not like about the app icon, and what you DO like about other app icons?

Thanks a bunch for your time!
-Cameron Barry, CTO
Hard Corps Mindworks LLC
w: www.hardcorpsmindworks.com
Hi Cameron and welcome to TA, nice to see Devs around here !

We all know it's a subjective matter about icons or names for a game, but for my part, i don't like seeing the icon destroyed with "HD" in it, icons with publishers logo (for example Bulkypix) or even worse, the game's name while it's underneath the icon anyways.
So what to choose that should represent the game when there's so little space as well ? Very difficult, i know. When i look at screenshot 5, a skull with a spikeball would have gotten MY attention pretty fast on my TA's opening page (newest games and price drops).

Other than this nitpicking issue - i get to love your game more and more. For a first release, wow, looking forward to see your next project.

Maybe a video to show off the nice graphics and gameplay would help to get some attention. And hey, two paid games out of about fourteen new releases...some spare money out there.

Edit: didn't see redribbon's video yet, great !

Last edited by Qwertz555; 06-05-2014 at 02:59 AM..
Old 06-05-2014, 04:34 AM

Old 06-06-2014, 10:00 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 6.x

Hey Qwertz555,

That makes a lot of sense. I'll have Jason check out your post here and see what he can do about the icon. We found some last minute bugs and are trying to get an update through Apple right now. Maybe we can get the icon refreshed before that gets approved.

Thanks a lot for your support and feedback. It means a lot to us!

-Cameron Barry, CTO
Hard Corps Mindworks LLC
w: [url]www.hardcorpsmindworks.com[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Hi Cameron and welcome to TA, nice to see Devs around here !

We all know it's a subjective matter about icons or names for a game, but for my part, i don't like seeing the icon destroyed with "HD" in it, icons with publishers logo (for example Bulkypix) or even worse, the game's name while it's underneath the icon anyways.
So what to choose that should represent the game when there's so little space as well ? Very difficult, i know. When i look at screenshot 5, a skull with a spikeball would have gotten MY attention pretty fast on my TA's opening page (newest games and price drops).

Other than this nitpicking issue - i get to love your game more and more. For a first release, wow, looking forward to see your next project.

Maybe a video to show off the nice graphics and gameplay would help to get some attention. And hey, two paid games out of about fourteen new releases...some spare money out there.

Edit: didn't see redribbon's video yet, great !