★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ramp Champ — Now FREE

08-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Ramp Champ — Now FREE

Ramp Champ is now out — from The Iconfactory and DS Media Labs.

iTunes link
Price: US$1.99 / UK£1.19 http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317284160&mt=8

Quote:
From The Iconfactory, makers of Frenzic and Twitteriffic, and DS Media Labs, creators of Light Riders and the upcoming mobile MMO Dark Age Of Reality, comes Ramp Champ, a new twist on a classic boardwalk game. Experience the wonders of the ocean depths. Gaze in awe as strange alien creatures descend from the skies. Join us on a journey through lush, sun-filled fields and dazzling carnival nights. Test your skills as you amass vast quantities of tickets which can be redeemed for virtual baubles and digital trinkets.

Ladies and gentlemen of all ages, step right up and prepare to embark on a fanciful journey you won't soon forget! Ramp Champ is your gateway to a new world where unique virtual prizes and scores of trophies are waiting for you to collect. And once you've proven your worth, head to the in-game add-on section to purchase additional Ramp Packs. Each new pack offers new challenges, original music and collectible knickknacks.

Features

• Easy to learn and beautiful to look at
• Four built-in levels or "ramps", each with themed goals and prizes
• Collect tickets and exchange for dozens of virtual knickknacks
• Purchase additional Ramp Packs in-app for new, exciting challenges
• Dozens of hours of addictive gameplay
• Original soundtrack

Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later.
More info here: http://www.rampchamp.com

• Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth • Parachute Panic • Chicken Raid
• Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 08-25-2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Added US link
08-24-2009, 06:19 PM
I've been waiting for a good carnival game to come out.

08-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Once I find out how many mini games are included I will probably TOFTT.
08-24-2009, 06:24 PM
It looks like 3..

Made that a while ago for AquaGlobs .
08-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinth View Post
It looks like 3..
It looks like four to me, on the site there are 4 screenshots of different games.

08-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
Once I find out how many mini games are included I will probably TOFTT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinth View Post
It looks like 3..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
It looks like four to me, on the site there are 4 screenshots of different games.
Original post updated... There's 4 levels or "ramps" included in the original purchase, with additional "Ramp Packs" available to buy as in-app purchase from within the game.
How many extra, and at what cost, I do not know yet...
UPDATE: Word straight from the horse's mouth says, as of today there will be 2 "Ramp Packs" available to purchase. Each pack costs 99¢ and contains 2 ramps, 18 prizes, trophies, etc.

• Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth • Parachute Panic • Chicken Raid
• Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 08-24-2009 at 06:49 PM.
08-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Whoa, only 4 levels for $1.99? Then we if we want more levels we have to buy them? Imo, 4 levels for $1.99 is a bit too pricey.

Add me on Game Center: weisome
Beta Tested: America's Next Top Model, Earth Vs Moon, iPlutoid, Minigore, Ground Effect, GeoSpin, Contre Jour
08-24-2009, 06:46 PM
You're right - $.50 per game is waaay too pricey. Try to find an arcade and see how many games you can play for $1.99.
08-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Doesn't sound that bad as long as you get to choose which mini-games you want. Are these in-app purchases already available to buy or will they be coming soon?
08-24-2009, 06:57 PM
It was just my opinion. But if the levels are really cool then I can probably get it.

Add me on Game Center: weisome
Beta Tested: America's Next Top Model, Earth Vs Moon, iPlutoid, Minigore, Ground Effect, GeoSpin, Contre Jour