Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 06-05-2014, 03:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Default Using Social Media as a Marketing Tool

Hey guys, I was curious if anyone here had some ideas for trying to build a good following on social media, particularly Facebook and Twitter, for a new mobile game release. So far, I am just starting out and have only posted a few pieces of art - nothing fancy - but I plan on adding much more new content soon, and adding frequently.

But what I am trying to figure out is how to get more people to come to my FB and Twitter pages in the first place. Twitter has proven a bit more successful for me so far, and I have been pretty active on it lately as well, but what are some good tips I could try to build awareness and get traffic to my pages? Of course, I want the right demographic and not just random traffic that will not benefit my page. I have considered the new Facebook page promotion offers (that claim to boost likes for a monetary amount), but I have not tried them yet. Has anyone here used them to any success yet? I don't generally believe that likes that you "buy" are too beneficial in the first place.

Anyway, any help or responses are appreciated! Thanks guys!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:43 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl King View Post
Hey guys, I was curious if anyone here had some ideas for trying to build a good following on social media, particularly Facebook and Twitter, for a new mobile game release. So far, I am just starting out and have only posted a few pieces of art - nothing fancy - but I plan on adding much more new content soon, and adding frequently.

But what I am trying to figure out is how to get more people to come to my FB and Twitter pages in the first place. Twitter has proven a bit more successful for me so far, and I have been pretty active on it lately as well, but what are some good tips I could try to build awareness and get traffic to my pages? Of course, I want the right demographic and not just random traffic that will not benefit my page. I have considered the new Facebook page promotion offers (that claim to boost likes for a monetary amount), but I have not tried them yet. Has anyone here used them to any success yet? I don't generally believe that likes that you "buy" are too beneficial in the first place.

Anyway, any help or responses are appreciated! Thanks guys!
facebook sponsored ads are really useful if you target well and relatively cheap .