Support our Sponsors:

Old 06-05-2014, 03:29 PM

Default Derelict

In Derelict, control a squad of soldiers to take back a space ship from an alien infestation

Hello, we are Team Derelict. We consist of 2 hard working individuals. We are currently developing for iPad, and soon for all iOS (iPhone 4+ - iPad 2+)

Derelict is a squad based RTS with a mobile defence strategy in mind. The goal of the game is to get your soldiers from one side of the map to the other; from one airlock to the next. There you rest, refuel, and reload.

There are 2 styles of play: Arcade mode, and story mode.

In the story mode, command the soldiers spearheading the reclamation of the derelict. Explore the derelict and learn its secrets along the way.

Arcade mode is different. The player has a limited amount of resources. Each level is stand alone and gets progressively harder.

Derelict runs at a smooth 60 frames per second on iPad 2.
There is currently no set release date other than soon.

Feel free to check out our development videos on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH0...GasoK6rGvlIn4A

Last edited by Team Derelict; 06-06-2014 at 09:52 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 04:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Sounds interesting, will quite likely give it a shot.
Somewhere down the lane of Space Hulk, I presume?
Old 06-05-2014, 07:30 PM

Wow, this looks awesome, especially the gritty sci-fi aesthetic.

Quick design question- Won't the narrow corridors make it so the gameplay is just move to a room, defend the entrances, move to next room, rinse and repeat? I feel like some more environmental variation will be needed. Although this is an early build so there's always room for changes
Old 06-05-2014, 07:55 PM

Theres a lot of stuff to cover, so where to begin?

First off, thank you everyone for your views, comments and support!

While possible to fight through the bugs, defend the front and wait for gaps in their swarm to appear, it is very difficult to pull off. There are just too many bugs attacking from where the soldiers want to go. That, plus limited ammo and the need to open doors and use terminals, make it near impossible to just barrel through.

however, if you were to upgrade some soldiers and give them shotguns, it would give your team a strong "move forward and hold" position. So the player would be able to push into rooms, and hold until the more defensive riflemen would arrive, since shotguns, like all gear, has their advantages as well as disadvantages.

This strategy should work for a while, but the bugs are smart and won't just run into the line of fire. I won't ruin the surprise of what the ai is capable of or what will happen during gameplay. But its more than move to room, kill, repeat. But we are aware of what the game could be like, I just like to think we've moved past the predictable, and are now in uncharted gameplay territory.

I would like to say that our game is akin to Left4Dead and the second Alien movie with a dash of desktop tower defence and an item system like The Last of Us. Our ecology of the bugs and most everything else, tries to stay in the realm of possibilities, while trying to break new ground as well.

Please ask any questions you may have! We want to make this game awesome, and we need the input of those who want to play it ;D
Old 06-06-2014, 10:01 PM

Just a heads up, the new trailer is now up!

hope you like it
Old 06-06-2014, 11:40 PM

Just saw your response, thanks!

It definitely sounds like there will be a good amount of variation now, and I especially like the Aliens comparison

Will there be unit classes? And what are all the weapon types?

Btw, awesome new trailer! The visuals kinda give me a Syndicate vibe

Last edited by JCho133; 06-06-2014 at 11:47 PM..
Old 06-07-2014, 03:07 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

When is the release date?
Old 06-07-2014, 06:02 PM

The release date is 2014, what month? we are not sure.

There will not be unit classes, you essentially will build your own dream team of soldiers for each level

the player will be given a currency they can spend on the soldiers. one "Loadout" will be as powerful as another "Loadout" of equal credits. so captain with pistol vs recruit with rifle, etc

currently there are 4 ranks, and 4 guns (currently), as well as the option to start with a turret.
Upgrading the rank, for example, will increase things like critical chances, accuracy, reload time, etc. so a captain fights much harder than a recruit.
But it also depends on what gun the soldier is carrying. All stats are affected as well as the gun behaving in the way its meant to (as in shotguns work like shotguns)

We are also having boosters, a single slot for added skills to the soldier its given to. such as terminal hacking speed, running speed, reload up, crit up.

As always there are no IAPs, so the player must choose wisely where the credits go, since you cannot increase the number by throwing money at it.

more questions please!
Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 PM

The ai is now implemented. Here is a preview of how it will look.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Man, this looks right up my alley. I'm really into these tactical games on iPad, and it seems to have a faster pace than Space Hulk. It actually reminds me a little of Steam Marines that's in development on PC.

I'd definitely buy into this