Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-05-2014, 10:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default [Soft Launch - CA] Thieves (by Dmitriy Momzikov)

Quote:
CA Soft Launch info:

The Game is Soft Launching in Canada. Size of the app is 36.3 MB.

Price in NZ is Free

Requirements:

Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
STEAL ALL THE GOLD AND BECOME THE THIEVISHEST THIEF IN THIS GLORIOUS RUNNER. Dark days are upon the Kingdom: an evil mage turned all the citizens into weird and ugly stone totems. The sole hero, who can save them happens to be… a thief?

Yes, a mighty and nimble thief with balls of steal, who only happened to get himself lost in a dungeon for a couple of days, while the mage was performing his sinister ritual. But now he’s free, with his hands itchy for justuce, and his pockets empty and roomy for precious loot… You didn’t think he would just pass by treasure, while its’ owner is busy turning folks into stones, did you?

So onwards! Conquer dungeons, evade deadly traps, grab all the gold you can carry and return later for the gold you can’t!

Steal stuff! Over 80 levels in the singleplayer campaign to test the dexterity of your fingers: jump over buzzing saws and escape from bloodthirsty monsters on your quest for epic loot!

Build stuff! Design a dungeon of your own, so you’d have a place to keep your honestly stolen gold.

Upgrade stuff! Use your gold and totem to learn how to steal even better and steal even more stuff!

iPhone Screenshots:

Old 06-05-2014, 10:58 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I'm absolutely intrigued with this game, the premise is really interesting. It's quite similar to The Castle Doctrine on Steam in that you design a trap-filled dungeon as your base, spending coins on advanced obstacles and defences. In between this you raid other player's personal bases and try to steal their own ill-gotten gains.

It plays out as an auto-running platformer with wall-jumping and all the usual genre tropes. It's performs perfectly well, nothing as ground-breaking as Rayman but it doesn't let the game down in any way.

All in all, at least on paper, it should be brilliant. But, and I'm sure it's going to get mentioned a lot, it's very freemium. There's an energy bar in the form of keys that are needed to enter every dungeon including the campaign levels. There are coins and diamonds as well, used for all the typical options such as upgrades and timer-speeders. There's no premium option at all.
It's a massive shame. But then this is a soft launch so hopefully the developer will consider making some touches to the payment system as it's an unfortunate example of pay-to-win at its worst. The best players will always be those willing to spend out on making their bases impossible to defeat.

I don't enjoy recommending avoiding games and I don't think this is a game that should be avoided at all cost as all the gameplay related features are actually pretty fun. But go into this forewarned or not at all if you're opposed to freemium mechanics.

Edit: I feel like this may have come off more harsh than I intended. I'm really enjoying this game, the more I play and defeat other player's dungeons the better it gets. A few tweaks and this could be awesome

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 06-05-2014 at 11:24 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 10:58 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm absolutely intrigued with this game, the premise is really interesting. It's quite similar to The Castle Doctrine on Steam in that you design a trap-filled dungeon as your base, spending coins on advanced obstacles and defences. In between this you raid other player's personal bases and try to steal their own ill-gotten gains.

It plays out as an auto-running platformer with wall-jumping and all the usual genre tropes. It's performs perfectly well, nothing as ground-breaking as Rayman but it doesn't let the game down in any way.

All in all, at least on paper, it should be brilliant. But, and I'm sure it's going to get mentioned a lot, it's very freemium. There's an energy bar in the form of keys that are needed to enter every dungeon including the campaign levels. There are coins and diamonds as well, used for all the typical options such as upgrades and timer-speeders. There's no premium option at all.
It's a massive shame. But then this is a soft launch so hopefully the developer will consider making some touches to the payment system as it's an unfortunate example of pay-to-win at its worst. The best players will always be those willing to spend out on making their bases impossible to defeat.

I don't enjoy recommending avoiding games and I don't think this is a game that should be avoided at all cost as all the gameplay related features are actually pretty fun. But go into this forewarned or not at all if you're opposed to freemium mechanics.
With so many words you have written, the game can't be bad.

Last edited by Chaos_u; 06-05-2014 at 11:53 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 11:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_u View Post
With so many words you have written, the game can't be bad.
I just like waffling lol!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:20 PM

Looks pretty decent

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-06-2014 at 04:02 AM..
Old 06-05-2014, 11:22 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I just like waffling lol!
No, the game actually is pretty good. I just played 15 mins and kind of liking it. But the IAPs are quite heavy tho, they may not necessary, but the "Lock pick" thing is required to get into the game, you pick the wrong lock and run out of lock pick, then you have to pay, I guess. I will keep playing, see how it goes. Nice find!

Last edited by Chaos_u; 06-05-2014 at 11:34 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Looks cool. How are the inapps?
Old 06-05-2014, 11:39 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Looks cool. How are the inapps?
I guess the "lock pick" is the only thing considering to pay to get more. Whenever ran out of lock pick, you have to wait 5 mins to get 1 for free, or you can buy 10 lock picks with 1 gem, the game comes with 40+ gems. Also the gem can be use to speed up the upgrades. So, the timer thing may be the bad thing of this game too.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:09 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

The Gameplay:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 06-08-2014, 02:14 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks very interesting when is global release, hate that soft launch stuff.