Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 06-06-2014, 12:02 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default App Rejected because of Adcolony feature

"3.10: Developers who attempt to manipulate or cheat the user reviews or chart ranking in the App Store with fake or paid reviews, or any other inappropriate methods will be removed from the iOS Developer Program

We found that your app, or its metadata, includes features or content that can have an excessive influence in the listing order or ranking on the App Store, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we found your app prompts users to watch videos of other apps to gain in-game goods. This excessively influences the App Store. It would be appropriate to remove or revise this information.

If your iTunes Connect Application State is Rejected, a new binary will be required. Make the desired metadata changes when you upload the new binary.

Thank you for your commitment to iOS and the App Store. We look forward to your resubmission."

I assumed this is something new added to the apple agreement very recently as the same game with the same feature was just approved in May (i resubmitted because of some screw up with the IAPs).

Anyone else with the same rejection? Any advice? I was depending pretty much on this as one of the main monetization, either IAP pay for a bunch of the consumable, or watch a video to get a few...
Old 06-06-2014, 03:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Apple stopped this a while ago and is finally policing it. They have become a lot stricter on ads of late. I have noticed my new submissions I had to check a bunch of boxs on my ads.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

and I thought I was able to give my players a non-paying alternative to unlocking stuffs and obtaining consumables.

Even at the last GDC, there were speakers who actually encourage devs to use such a model for monetization, guess I missed the boat again.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:20 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpect3rd View Post
"3.10: Developers who attempt to manipulate or cheat the user reviews
Think that rules out most of the promo code contests here then !
Old 06-06-2014, 03:35 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Think that rules out most of the promo code contests here then !
and all those with "Rate my app now" prompts
Old 06-06-2014, 05:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

"Specifically, we found your app prompts users to watch videos of other apps to gain in-game goods. This excessively influences the App Store. It would be appropriate to remove or revise this information."

I don't get how that influences the app store.

I know they don't like adwalls which encourage you to click them. It seems to me they need a more appropriate clause to reject this.

Last edited by Destined; 06-06-2014 at 05:21 AM..
Old 06-06-2014, 05:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

In case if anyone else is curious, here is some further information I dug up. Apparently I am not the only one and this guy has got some response from Apple already.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...-make-no-sense
Old 06-06-2014, 05:43 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Looks interesting, but seems to me that you have to change if you want to put a new version up. You aren't going to win a battle with Apple on this.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

i went to Adcolony and configured the ad filter to exclude ads for videogames and apps, either the change caused a downtime for my account or the fill rate drop to 0% as no more video ads were shown.

I'll need to launch it from xcode later to see whats reported in the console log. Ah well.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpect3rd View Post
i went to Adcolony and configured the ad filter to exclude ads for videogames and apps, either the change caused a downtime for my account or the fill rate drop to 0% as no more video ads were shown.

I'll need to launch it from xcode later to see whats reported in the console log. Ah well.
That would seem an easy/dodgy way around it cause you could change it back after review.