Spiderman Unlimited

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #1 ste86uk, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Just wondering if anyone knows much about this Spiderman Unlomited that Gameloft posted about on their Facebook. Says it brings comics to life in an episodic adventure which sounds like a Telltale kind of game to me?

2. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Done matey, no one will ever know :p

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

On one hand...cool! Spiderman
    On the other, it's just another runner

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I saw it before it was changed :D:D:D:D:D:D

5. Bronxsta

Info on the game

6. mestour

mestour Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    They should stop making endless runners , they suck .. like wtf 3 years of lame endless runners with differents skins ...
    they could have just made spiderman ultimate mayhem 2 that game was good )=

7. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    ok....hopefully this wasn't gameloft's only new title for e3...still have a bit of fate for god of rome.

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Thanks Pete and ouch I'm not keen on endless runners it did sound different from their short description. Sonic Dash was the only endless runner so far that kept my attention for more than a few runs but I'll probably take a look.

Edit: oh and One Epic Knight was the first I played and loved that game for a while...could have used some love but still great.

9. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I was so hoping this would be like ultimate mayhem. Oh we'll, I guess it's too late to expect gameloft to be awesome like the old days.

10. Well...I mean...Despicable Me: Minion Run was enjoyable for a week or two

I need to actually get my way through Spider Man: Total Mayhem some day

11. I kinda wish gameloft would start making premium not always online games again with no huge inapps like in the past too.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Am i the only one excited for this? Sure i'd prefer a brawler or even an arpg spin on spiderman, but we're currently on a huge drought on good runner games.

Iron-man 3 had great runner gameplay, same with Minion Rush. They even changed ironman3 to significantly balance the game.

Crossing fingers the balance on im3 already exists here. This looks good imo.

13. Bronxsta

I mean, the art style is great, but the gameplay looks like your typical behind-the-back Subway Surfer/Temple Run-style runner with some Spiderman-y elements here and there

Now granted, Boson X is also a behind-the-back runner, but that changed things up with the ever-shifting environments. Personally a good runner game for me changes up the mechanics a bit. Polara and Aliens Drive Me Crazy are prime examples

14. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Going to probably be like Rival Knights in terms of layout, IAP, free, online connection required. At least Gameloft is trying new "game" layouts.

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Like I said One Epic Knight and Sonic Dash are my favourite runners and of they are free now you should try them. I'll definitely try this as I do like marvel but usually it's not done to my taste very often on iOS much like the Warhammer franchise.

But I'm still hoping it's good as I'd love that, it does look interesting. Needs a lot of rpg elements to keep me hooked. Sonic Dash kept me hooked on it's unlocks and changing things up slightly similar to minion rush along with it just being sonic ofc

16. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You hit the nail on the head as to why Sonic Dash is so good. Even though it is "just another runner", it still FEELS like a Sonic game. I think this looks like it might have enough Spider-Man elements to make it similarly endearing.

17. Yeah, too many endless runners nowadays. Kinda getting bored of endless runners with so many wait timers, nag timers, inapps, and clones.

18. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Never tried spiderman: total mayhem. Is it still worth buying?

19. Candy crush made billions in stock value, and can pay to advertise. Even on network TV and websites.

They are huge, and my friends favorite game. #1 with females.

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I'm wondering how the episodic content will come in and if they will even comitt to that or if it's dependant on sales. I like games that are online or get a lot of love in updates to keep me occupied.