Any help in managing space

06-07-2014, 04:13 AM
#1
Any help in managing space

I am finding it really hard to keep enough space to get the games I want on my 16gb ipad
Should I just get a new device with more space or is there a way to have enough space for the games I want
06-07-2014, 04:31 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,123
Well you need to either go for one with more space or just install the apps you currently play

The problem is many of us (specially me !) want to have all the apps on my device at all time, but to be honest you probably only play 4 or so at once so you just have to be install a few apps at once. Once you complete them or get bored delete them.

Not much else you can do

06-07-2014, 11:36 PM
#3
iOS needs a tablet with expandable memory and unless we see something like this from Apple my next tablet won't be an iPad.

Last edited by Topherunhinged; 06-07-2014 at 11:39 PM.
06-08-2014, 12:24 AM
#4
Get a 128 gb ipad or go android with unlimited sd card ability.
06-08-2014, 12:49 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well you need to either go for one with more space or just install the apps you currently play

The problem is many of us (specially me !) want to have all the apps on my device at all time, but to be honest you probably only play 4 or so at once so you just have to be install a few apps at once. Once you complete them or get bored delete them.

Not much else you can do
Yep this is what I would suggest as well,but you probably know this already.Unfortunately there is no other way around it,16gb is just not good enough.I would say as apple should just drop all 16gb variants and only sell 32gb or above.Better would be proprietary apple memory cards for newer devices,though that's highly unlikely.
06-08-2014, 07:04 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Get a 128 gb ipad or go android with unlimited sd card ability.
I've read that the latest android update has limited what third party apps can do on the memory card. Seems to have affected a lot of people but touch wood, I've not ran into any problems yet.


I've got 16gb too and kick myself all the time for not buying larger, saying that though I recently had issues with my ipad and the sync kept failing, and I had to delete some stuff, I've now got 5gb free, and don't miss what I deleted, I like having everything on my device but certainly don't need everything on it.

I'm getting a bigger memory when I upgrade though lol.
06-08-2014, 11:32 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I've read that the latest android update has limited what third party apps can do on the memory card. Seems to have affected a lot of people but touch wood, I've not ran into any problems yet.

I've got 16gb too and kick myself all the time for not buying larger, saying that though I recently had issues with my ipad and the sync kept failing, and I had to delete some stuff, I've now got 5gb free, and don't miss what I deleted, I like having everything on my device but certainly don't need everything on it.

I'm getting a bigger memory when I upgrade though lol.
Cloudpuff,

I love having both an ipad 4 and Note 3. Best of both worlds.

My ipad has 64 gb, my Note 3 close to 100 gb.

Still not enough space for me. My Note 3 is a video and photo server with HDMI to my TV and also watch videos on the road.

Could buy a ton more 64 gb sd cards too.

I would like a one terabyte ipad pro hybrid console/laptop.

One day I will buy one and smile. Hopefully by then Apple will allow sd cards and removeable batteries like Android does.
06-08-2014, 08:17 PM
#8
Remember to check for games with iCloud compatibility. Many games automatically save their data to your iCloud account, meaning you can remove them and reinstall them any time without losing your progress.

Afterpad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Twitter
06-08-2014, 08:37 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,123
When I had a 16 gig phone I found storage tough. With going through general/usage an seeing what apps increased. Dropbox and facebook both blew up to about 300 meg each for me. No way of deleting the cached files so I would just delete then reinstall and they dropped down to their normal sizes

My photos were backed up to dropbox so I tended to delete those off my phone to save space.
06-09-2014, 01:41 AM
#10
After deleting some photos I opened up a lot of space but there are still some photos that I can't delete for some reason
I can work with the space I have now but I can name a number of releases I am waiting for that are likely going to take a lot of space so I likely try to get a device with more space when I have the chance to