Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default 4TheKing (By Hypnic)

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 06-07-2014, 10:40 PM

You had me at 'full game included with your purchase'. Bought. . I love the look of the spiderweb sectoral defence. Will write impressions after I've played it a while.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Just looking at it reminds me of the board game Castle Panic. I look forward to your impressions, or a gameplay video.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:21 AM

I just finished playing the first few levels. It's a fun and polished stage-based... Mini game? Medium game? It's not anywhere near as elaborate as, say, Kingdom Rush, but it fills the same kind of appetite in fun sized bits.

It's a radar defence game that plays like a slightly simplified Plants vs Zombies in polar coordinates. You have a view centred on your castle that looks like a stereotypical radar display. Waves of enemies come from the edge of the screen, announced by warning signs, and you must erect defences to prevent them from reaching the centre. Some defences can only fire from the castle, while others may be placed in any of the cells in your radar display.

The economy is standard tower defence stuff. Earn coins to build defences by defeating baddies. In between levels you may use coin earned by completing levels to unlock new defences, etc. ,Levels can be replayed.

Sound is functional, music is non-offensive and the graphics are good. For some bizarre reason, there is no way that I can find to adjust sound or music volume. My original plan to play it for an hour while listening to a Podcast was quashed because of this.

There's nothing revolutionary here, and it IS light enough to play while watching tv or listening to something else, if they ever implement a sound menu.

It's well made, and it's clear in all the little details that this wasn't just a commercial endeavour - the dev team put a lot of tlc into it. That doesn't make it a GREAT game, but it *is* good, and worth a purchase at the current price point for anyone looking for a light lane defence game. In polar coordinates.

Last edited by Silvers; 06-10-2014 at 12:24 AM..
Old 06-10-2014, 12:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I'm so glad you joined the forum Silvers, really good having someone who doesn't hesitate to take one for the team and also leaves detailed impressions. Please keep doing it!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:04 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm so glad you joined the forum Silvers, really good having someone who doesn't hesitate to take one for the team and also leaves detailed impressions. Please keep doing it!
keep watching this guy since his first post. agree with pete, the community is lucky to have someone like silver to joined us
stay around, friend
Old 06-10-2014, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
keep watching this guy since his first post. agree with pete, the community is lucky to have someone like silver to joined us
stay around, friend
Thanks! Now I'm blushing. . During an extended hospital stay, a prolific user reviewer on a casual games site made all the difference in my mood by introducing me to games and genres I'd never have considered. Once I recovered, I thought I'd pay it forward. (Grimlaura, if you're reading, this one's for you. )
Old 06-10-2014, 04:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Thanks! Now I'm blushing. . During an extended hospital stay, a prolific user reviewer on a casual games site made all the difference in my mood by introducing me to games and genres I'd never have considered. Once I recovered, I thought I'd pay it forward. (Grimlaura, if you're reading, this one's for you. )

*sneaks up, sniffs at the newbie, growls a bit and sneaks back into a cave*

Welcome (!), haven't had the luck of noticing you so far, but Pete is a REALLY nice guy and always good in recognizing someone or something special. Kinda like a truffle pig.
(No offense intended, Dave ).

Silvers, I like yer style of writing: clear, pecise, short, you've really put together the extracted quintessence of the game. Keep it rollin', mate.

Last edited by Vovin; 06-10-2014 at 04:25 AM..
Old 06-10-2014, 05:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

^The best back-handed compliment I've ever received! No offense taken lol, bizarrely I've been called that before!

OT: I think with it catching Bronxsta's refined eye and the impressions so well presented that this is another game going on my list!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:04 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Vovin has made my day with the truffle pig comment.

Welcome slivers.