★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Spacewrights - Upcoming science fiction 2D strategy 4X galactic empire building game

06-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Spacewrights - Upcoming science fiction 2D strategy 4X galactic empire building game

(No joke, that's the official description)

Spacewrights

http://spacewrights.com

An FTL-esque 4X space exploration game including on land planet exploration and delicious pixel art. This is absolutely one to watch.

Quote:
Spacewrights is a science fiction 2D strategy spaceship simulation game where you explore, build, and create a galactic empire coming to PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android platforms in 2015. A crowdfunding campaign with a playable demo will be released later this summer.

You are given control of a ragtag crew and a few space-worthy ships to form a small fleet. Using this fleet you, as their commander, venture out into the known galaxy to forge your own adventure in a freely explorable galaxy with its own stories to tell and secrets to uncover. Gameplay is open ended and lets you choose how much you want to control in the galaxy: from where your crew is on the ships in your fleet, all the way up to capturing entire solar systems.
You can read the full description on the website.

Last edited by JCho133; 06-08-2014 at 08:14 PM.
06-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Um..........wow!

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80

06-08-2014, 03:02 AM
Hello beautiful!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
06-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah, this looks FABOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
06-08-2014, 03:31 PM
FTL+Land Exploration=Insta Buy!
06-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Dev here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
(No joke, that's the official description)
Well you try to come up with a better description.

Players control a fleet with ships and the crew in the ships. There's a whole galaxy to explore and control where you can build new ships, stations, and systems in. It's a space simulation game that I hope everyone enjoys.

Also I'm the developer of Spacewrights, if you had not gathered that already. Thanks to SirHanet for tipping me off to this thread.

If anyone has any questions I can answer them here.
06-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake250 View Post
Well you try to come up with a better description.

Players control a fleet with ships and the crew in the ships. There's a whole galaxy to explore and control where you can build new ships, stations, and systems in. It's a space simulation game that I hope everyone enjoys.

Also I'm the developer of Spacewrights, if you had not gathered that already. Thanks to SirHanet for tipping me off to this thread.

Hi dev, it is me and your welcome!
06-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake250 View Post
What devices will this run on ? And what iOS ?
06-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
What devices will this run on ? And what iOS ?
Dear SpaceWrights, Please don't be iPad only.

This looks insanely promising allthough some of those screenshots seem comically too similar to FTL [not necessarily a bad thing]
06-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Dear SpaceWrights, Please don't be iPad only.

This looks insanely promising allthough some of those screenshots seem comically too similar to FTL [not necessarily a bad thing]
From their website:

Spacewrights is designed to be enjoyed on a variety of form factors on a variety of systems: large or small screens; keyboard & mouse, touchscreens, or controllers (for local multiplayer); it doesn’t matter. The game should be fun anywhere you want to play it.

Currently these operating systems will be supported at launch:

Windows: Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7 currently work. Windows Vista and XP may work but are untested. Windows RT support is not planned at this time.
Linux: Ubuntu and Linux Mint currently work. Other distros may work but are untested.
Mac: Mavericks has been tested and older versions probably work.
iOS: iPhones and iPads both work. It has been tested on the iPhone 4S and iPad air. Older versions of these may work but are untested.
Android: Phones and Tablets running 4.0+ have been tested. Older devices are untested but may work.

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80