★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What is the best game in the entire AppStore?

12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
What is the best game in the entire AppStore?

Hey guys, I was just very curious to see what you guys think is the best app(s) in ths AppStore. As of now I think that Hero of Sparta, Warfare Incorporated, Dropship, and Ferrari GT are the best apps as of now. Also I have about $20 to use for games in the AppStore, what do you suggest that I get that is fun and has a good replay value? Thanks to all in advance! Have a Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah!
12-15-2008, 06:51 PM
fastlane

and then orions

12-15-2008, 06:51 PM
You said Merry Christmas, so i won't be too hard on ya', but there are a lot of these threads .

Anyway, I am loving Galcon, SPiN, Tanzen, Hero of Sparta, TouchGrind, Enigmo, Trism, and DropShip. As for my favorite, I don't know if I can choose just one, because I play so many of them throughout the days for shorter or longer sessions, they all have their advantages and disadvantages but all are good for what they're for
12-15-2008, 06:52 PM
let's hear arn's and blake's opinion

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but I'd say Fastlane. The difficulty gives the game a lot of replay value, IMO.

Zombie Attack is lot of fun and greta concept, but it only has one level. If it was a more expansive game I'd give my vote to Zombie Attack.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
From the apps I own, my favourites are:

-BIA (very in depth and we are studying WWII in history right now)
-Monopoly( I can just pick it up and play, great fun)
-Amateur surgeon (what iphone gaming should be like)
-Snail Mail (so many people will agree with me here)
-Touchgrind (pretty casual but it has a lot of replayvalue if you finish it)
-Appsniper (not a game but very very helpfull when purchasing apps)

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
hurry up any games by DS Effect is bomb!!!
12-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
What about Kwanzaa and Muslim holidays in December?? That's not very nice to leave out Muslims and other religions.

Not one myself, but still.

I'd have to say Snail Mail, IMO. But I don't have a lot of major titles, so my opinion may be skewed.
12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Right now, I gotta say Orions: Legend of the Wizards

Why, you ask?

Because it shows an outstanding amount of polish, because the gameplay is downright addictive, because it has LOTS of replay value (this is the main point as far as I'm concerned, I like getting the most bang out of my buck), and because despite all of these atributes it costs TWO DOLLARS.

Seriously. Check out these screens:

Does that look like a $2 game to you? Pretty nice looking for such a cheap game, eh? If this game cost three times what the devs are asking for it, I'd understand why.

I've put over 5 hours into this game; I can't recall two dollars giving me this much entertainment before. Buy it. You won't regret it.

Caveat - the game is a little buggy right now, but 1) an update is on its way and 2) ask any of the people who've played it, the bugs don't take away from the game. Even as is, it's well worth the two dollars.

Bottom line - I dare you to find a game that offers the same amount of content and polish for just two bucks

Other amazing games: Warfare Inc (best RTS on the AppStore, hands down), Galcon (online strategy game, not a conventional RTS but still worth checking out) and Fieldrunners (highly polished tower defense game).

Last edited by IzzyNobre; 12-15-2008 at 06:58 PM.
12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
who agrees with me? ds effects and urban tycoon? j/k!!!!

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95