★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Complete with decent animations and great graphics, this is the best ship battle experience that one can buy for the iPhone. - AppVee

Featured in NEW & NOTEWORTHY and WHAT WE'RE PLAYING (2009)

Other Reviews:

- Artificial Life has built its battle ship world around an impressive 3D engineThe AppSmile team has fallen in love with the game. - AppSmile

- Its similar enough to the original Battleship to evoke nostalgia, yet updated and enhanced enough to warrant playing on your iDevice. - TouchMyApps

- The soundtrack is very military! You are welcomed to the main menu with a marching drumbeat, and during the game, you get a different type of music to spur you on during your battle. - APPMODO

Artificial Life presents iSink U - a new approach to the classic naval strategy game. Command a squadron of well-equipped and ready-to-destroy aquatic machines with an arsenal of weapons, and even more ammo! Strategically take turns attacking your enemy because thats the way true captains of the sea do battle! Victoriously cry out iSink U when you destroy the enemy fleet in battle! Bombs away!

Game Features:

- Command a squadron of 4 boats and 1 submarine in exciting battles that wont end until Poseidon himself surrenders the sea to your might!

- A new attack system factors skill into this classic game by introducing decisions based on action points

- In each round choose to move a ship, fire a primary weapon, or unleash the latest breakthrough in naval technology

- Unique battle experience offered by the multi-touch function of the iPhone and iPod touch creates a user-friendly setting for you to zoom in, zoom out, and pan across the screen

- Strategically command a battalion of advanced fighter ships including the Cruiser, the Battleship, and more

- Commence sea assault on your friends using the Head 2 Head Mode

- Claim victory in all levels to unlock a hidden map

- Earn three prestigious medals and prove your superiority as a sea commander!

------------------------------

We welcome you to help us improve the application by sending us feedback, please direct comments to cs@botme.com and well check it out. Thank you!

Try other exciting games by ALife: Adult Swim's Amateur Surgeon, Amateur Surgeon Christmas Edition, Five Minutes to Kill (Yourself) & Meowcenaries, BMW Sauber F1 Team Racing 09, BMW Z4 Experience, iDroidsMania, iSoccer Backstreet®, PANDORUM, Red Bull Air Race World Championship, Red Bull Racing Challenge, ROBBIE WILLIAMS RACING, Spartacus: Blood and Sand and VERMINATOR®

Follow us on Twitter for the latest news: http://twitter.com/alifegames

Join us on Facebook: http://www.botme.com/ref/alife-fb

Check out our videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/alifegames

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331274592&mt=8
08-25-2009, 02:08 AM
isnt this just a flashier version of battleship, but looks nice

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

08-25-2009, 02:55 AM
looks nice, anyone tried it yet?
08-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Does look pretty cool. Waiting for a review.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
08-26-2009, 10:25 AM
here is a snippet from ilounge's review B-
Quote:
The problem: Artificial Life’s controls are a mess. You’re initially presented with a screen full of ships that are supposed to be placed on a 3-D grid, and basically need to figure out how to do that yourself—the game is so concerned with telling you how to manually move the camera around that it doesn’t bother to take you through the basics of ship placement, firing, or strategy. Find the tutorial screens and you can learn them, but then, they’re just too difficult: do you really need to choose the specific ship you want to use to fire a round or six into the other grid, every turn? Are you really helped by the ability to move your ships around every turn, especially with a clunky control interface that never quite handles the fact that you’re looking at everything from a 3-D perspective? And do you truly need to spend time manually re-adjusting the camera with zoom, pinch, and pan gestures for some reason? It just seems like iSink U has its 3-D priorities completely out of whack.
08-26-2009, 10:31 AM
that's a shame...this looks like a beautiful take on a battleship game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
08-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Didn't anyone here toftt?

EDIT: Found this video on YouTube...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Still looks pretty good....

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!
08-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypton View Post
Didn't anyone here toftt?
Still looks pretty good....
Sorry, I'm going to second the iPod Lounge review-- the current version is not a good game. Like the review says, they have their priorities completely wrong: the 3D presentation is nice, but it's pointless. The camera controls are clunky, there's absolutely no compelling gameplay reason to move the camera around or even move your ships, and the alternate fire modes for each ship are completely unbalanced and basically break the game.

Specifically, each ship can choose to fire multiple shots at once in a predetermined pattern, effectively uncovering most of the playfield if you use the carrier's alt fire in the first turn. Couple that with the fact that each player can instead fire four individual shots per turn and a well-placed opening salvo can end the game in about three turns.

It feels like everything they've added only detracts from the experience, not enhances it. The developers would have been well-served to deconstruct Gameloft's Naval Battle for the iPod Classic for inspiration. That game is actually well-designed, balanced and adds multiple new mechanics that enhance the old school Battleship experience. I'd still like to see it ported to the iPhone.

Bottomline-- unless the devs go back to the drawing board and reexamine just about everything in their design and control scheme, look elsewhere.
10-04-2009, 08:53 PM