Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-04-2014, 07:41 PM
badmanj badmanj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 1,564
Default Sky Force 2014 Payment Model Discussion

The gaming model for this sucks massively. No thanks - plenty of amazing games available right now that respect the customer far more than this does.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Bouncy1973 Bouncy1973 is offline
Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
Dude, if this game is making you so mad play a different one. Wow
Oh... thank god a smartass has joined the conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy1973 View Post
Oh... thank god a smartass has joined the conversation.
I didn't think your post was that bad, but guess that user disagreed.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Bouncy1973 Bouncy1973 is offline
Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I didn't think your post was that bad, but guess that user disagreed.
Thank you. We can all agree and disagree, but I won't have him/her telling me what to do.

I have invested a fair amount of time and money on this game (which I think is great btw!), so I do think I have every right to be mad and complain. Obviously 'anotherkellydown' hasn't reached stage 7...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Anotherkellydown Anotherkellydown is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy1973 View Post
Thank you. We can all agree and disagree, but I won't have him/her telling me what to do.

I have invested a fair amount of time and money on this game (which I think is great btw!), so I do think I have every right to be mad and complain. Obviously 'anotherkellydown' hasn't reached stage 7...
I apologize. I do see where you're coming from after having invested time and money on this. And you're right, I'm not to stage 7 yet. Wasn't my place to comment like I did...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-06-2014, 06:30 PM
dancefirst dancefirst is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
I apologize. I do see where you're coming from after having invested time and money on this. And you're right, I'm not to stage 7 yet. Wasn't my place to comment like I did...
Bravo for the civil response. Thank god this place still has some decency!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancefirst View Post
Bravo for the civil response. Thank god this place still has some decency!
Yeah, it does happen sometimes on a full moon.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Bouncy1973 Bouncy1973 is offline
Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
I apologize. I do see where you're coming from after having invested time and money on this. And you're right, I'm not to stage 7 yet. Wasn't my place to comment like I did...
Thank you, I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Bronxsta Bronxsta is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,707
Default

@PeterID

I started playing Sky Force earlier. And it's been kind of a love-hate relationship for me. Gameplay-wise, visually, this game is up there with the best shmups I've played on IOS. The graphics and aesthetic are fantastic. Sleek, vivid, vibrant, colorful, tons of great little details, stylish effects. The controls are smooth and responsive. The gameplay is thrilling and fast and satisfying.

I love this game

And yet at the same time, I'm on the verge of deleting it.

Perhaps my suggestions, actually more of a plea really, is better presented with some background first. Maybe I'm an outlier or in a tiny minority of IOS gamers, but I don't play IOS games as a diversion or a distraction. If I'm going to play, I'm going to relax and enjoy an experience for 30 minutes, 40 minutes, an hour, maybe more. It's a hobby and passion, more than just way to pass the time on a bus ride home or between commercials

So please why are these timers necessary? This kind of game, a shmup, a bullet hell game, at its core is a twitch reflex style game. Fight, progress, die, upgrade, repeat. It fosters that kind of one more go mentality. You get into a kind of flow, a groove, you get addicted.

But the timers here, they just betray all that. They just disrupt that whole mentality of die, progress, die again, repeat. And it's just killing the whole experience for me

Sure there's IAP to reduce one, but it's still there. And you still have to wait for weapons to upgrade. It just pulls me (and maybe others too), right out of the experience. I don't want to wait x amount of time to jump back into this wonderful game you crafted.

So please, please consider adding IAP that removes the timers. Or better yet, some kind of bundle IAP that collects the effects of the ad remover, the doubler, and potential timer removers. Make it $7, $9, $10, or any kind of reasonable price. Please, consider that. The game as is can always be there for others, but please give us the options to experience the game in a way that doesn't betray the fundamental addictive nature of the genre.

Sky Force is already a great game. This can only make it better experience.

Last edited by Bronxsta; 06-07-2014 at 10:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
@PeterID

I started playing Sky Force earlier. And it's been kind of a love-hate relationship for me. Gameplay-wise, visually, this game is up there with the best shmups I've played on IOS. The graphics and aesthetic are fantastic. Sleek, vivid, vibrant, colorful, tons of great little details, stylish effects. The controls are smooth and responsive. The gameplay is thrilling and fast and satisfying.

I love this game

And yet at the same time, I'm on the verge of deleting it.

Perhaps my suggestions, actually more of a plea really, is better presented with some background first. Maybe I'm an outlier or in a tiny minority of IOS gamers, but I don't play IOS games as a diversion or a distraction. If I'm going to play, I'm going to relax and enjoy an experience for 30 minutes, 40 minutes, an hour, maybe more. It's a hobby and passion, more than just way to pass the time on a bus ride home or between commercials

So please why are these timers necessary? This kind of game, a shmup, a billet hell game, at its core is a twitch reflex style game. Fight, progress, die, upgrade, repeat. It fosters that kind of one more go mentality. You get into a kind of flow, a groove, you get addicted.

But the timers here, they just betray all that. They just disrupt that whole mentality of die, progress, die again, repeat. And it's just killing the whole experience for me

Sure there's IAP to reduce one, but it's still there. And you still have to wait for weapons to upgrade. It just pulls me (and maybe others too), right out of the experience. I don't want to wait x amount of time to jump back into this wonderful game you crafted.

So please, please consider adding IAP that removes the timers. Or better yet, some kind of bundle IAP that collects the effects of the ad remover, the doubler, and potential timer removers. Make it $7, $9, $10, or any kind of reasonable price. Please, consider that. The game as is can always be there for others, but please give us the options to experience the game in a way that doesn't betray the fundamental addictive nature of the genre.

Sky Force is already a great game. This can only make it better experience.
I agree with Bronxsta 100%.

Please make the game more premium, then it would make it on my favorite shmups list.

Right now, this game as Bronxsta said is borderline delete for alot of us.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent