★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Who wants to see a Super Mario 64 like port for the iphone!?!? there might be a way!!

09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Who wants to see a Super Mario 64 like port for the iphone!?!? there might be a way!!

I myself really want to see a port from nintendo of a Super Mario 64 (and maybe a super mario kart also) for the iphone!
I sent them an email about it and they respnded saying that they were more focused with wii and ds

so heres my idea!

everyone go send them an email about this!!! if they get enough emails theyll realize they should make one and jump on it!!!

it might work it might not! but i think its worth the 5 mins to add in your email request to them!!!

so go for it!!!

hope to see a port sometime!!!

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
GameCenter: PeterM11
09-07-2008, 08:40 PM
From what I've heard, Nintendo has no plans on porting any of their games to the iPhone

09-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Where do I contact them like wat is there email address cuz I'll email them I think that would be awesome!
09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I hate to break it to you but Nintendo has no intention of EVER putting their IP on a platform that is not made by Nintendo.

Mario, Metroid, and Zelda are their money makers. They will sell millions of any crap console they put out (regardless of price) on a PROMISE that a new version of those games will be coming out.

Not to mention super mario 64 was built to showcase the n64's analog stick. Now imagine trying to porting that game to a system with no buttons... it would be a nightmare. It would be better to just build a new game based on it using accelerometer controls.

OR

you can jailbreak your phone and play nes, snes, gba, and psx games and just deal with the controls being tough

Last edited by VeganTnT; 09-07-2008 at 10:12 PM.
09-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
From what I've heard, Nintendo has no plans on porting any of their games to the iPhone
that's the point of emailing them, to try to convince them otherwise....

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
09-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by (klondike) View Post
Where do I contact them like wat is there email address cuz I'll email them I think that would be awesome!
hey, I went to there site and went to the contact page

09-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM11 View Post
that's the point of emailing them, to try to convince them otherwise....
I don't think it's going to work. I'd recommend taking VeganTnT's comments to heart.
09-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Send a message via AIM to blakespot
Nintendo only brings games to Nintendo hardware. Sorry to say it's not gonna happen...

blakespot

:: Blake Patterson :: Touch Arcade administrator
:: [twitter] [me] [flickr]
09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
sega, however...is completly on this...but i'm pretty sure everyone knows this

there should be a TouchPort website that its sole purpose is to gather people together, and cluster petitions to port
09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
hopefully we'll see more (and better) from sega.
we could maybe see some old PC games.
somebody like 3D Realms/Apogee would be a better shot.
I loved me some Blake Stone as a lad...