★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rubicon
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 57.3 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: $5.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.7 (3)
App description: The crazy troops return in this latest installment of the brand loved by literally millions across the globe.

You will need forward planning and good execution if you want to tackle the massive single-player campaign, deploying a variety of troops wisely whilst managing your resources carefully.

"Gaze upon its awesomeness" -- IGN

Next mission: Defend with armor and snipers, or maybe push ahead with tanks and artillery? You'll need to make good choices each time, but remember - you need to be reactive as well as proactive as no plan survives contact with the enemy.

"a highly polished, tightly packed turn-based strategy game that's a lot of fun to work through." -- Pocket Gamer

Core Features:
Massive 60 mission campaign providing hours and hours of challlenge.
High replayability with high scores per mission
Difficulty settings (defaults to easy) for even more replayability
Loads of unlockable and upgradable units
Portrait and Landscape view - snaps on demand
Full 3D terrain affects gameplay
Hilarious graphics and sound effects
No iap's, no adverts, no distractions. Pay once and play uninterrupted forever.

Great Little War Game 2 (GLWG2) is a turn-based combat strategy game, following on from the success of the original Great Little War Game. Apart from the brand new 60 mission campaign, other enhancements from the original include:

Clearer displays with easier to use controls
Portrait mode added (optional) for easier use on a phone
Faster mission starts and replayable objectives
Splash damage
Blowy uppy buildings
Lots of minor playability tweaks

If you've not played any of the Great Little War Games before, this is an ideal place to start. No prior knowledge is required and this is our most accessible version - just jump in and start blasting.

(If you have played our other games before, you might want to crank up the difficulty level as we've made this game more accessible by default than previous outings.)
06-10-2014, 12:18 AM
Another great week. And it's only Tuesday. Thanks ozzy for posting. Instant buy.

06-10-2014, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
Another great week. And it's only Tuesday. Thanks ozzy for posting. Instant buy.
No problem! I was like a little child finding this, Rubicon make fantastic strategy games. I'm starting to think releasing on the Tuesday is a pretty good move; it certainly didn't hurt Battleheart Legacy by beating the rush.

Very interested in any impressions!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
06-10-2014, 12:48 AM
This is the same great Great Little War Game we know and love. It plays well in portrait mode which feels like it offers a tad more zoomed in view. The ergonomics work well, but the end turn button is in the far right (thumb stretch). The upgrade system seems robust with 24 upgradeable units. Haven't played much so far and need to catch some Zs but so far so good.
06-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Peach!! This and VVVVVV in the same week. Perfection.
06-10-2014, 12:51 AM
there you go....one of my favourite game. downloading now. beta tested the first one.

great little find as usual pete

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

06-10-2014, 06:34 AM
The Gameplay:

Trailer:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

Last edited by redribbon; 06-10-2014 at 06:40 AM.
06-10-2014, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Peach!! This and VVVVVV in the same week. Perfection.
What's VVVVVV?
06-10-2014, 06:58 AM

Doesn`t look to bad

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-10-2014 at 02:35 PM.
06-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodangel View Post
What's VVVVVV?
Terry Cavanagh's game coming to iOS this Thursday.
Just had a quick game of this and I love it. It's in essence a more casual portrait great little war game and it is great for me to finally play this more comfortably on my phone. It eases you into the action too.