Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-10-2014, 03:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Solarmax 2 - Elegant, streamlined space RTS

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Hi everyone! This game is a sequel to one of my more popular flash games, Solarmax. I redesigned it from the ground up to be a mobile game with intuitive touch controls.

I am giving away 20 promo codes to those who wish to try the game out. Please PM me for a promo code. Let me know any feedback and suggestions, thanks!

- Nico
Old 06-10-2014, 11:06 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

well, I'm surprised this game didn't get much love here from fellow member. i mean, just by watching the trailer i already fall for the music alone. the gameplay is almost similar with any other rts on the market. but what makes it so special is the atmosphere of the gameplay and graphics blends with the music. I'm not really good at writing a personal impression(in fact Im suck at it ) but at least just watch the trailer and you'll noticed.

here some gameplay:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 06-10-2014, 12:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hmmm...don't know how this flew under my radar. I was disappointed with the "update" to Eufloria HD, another game in the same genre. This title may be right up my alley and it looks and sounds pretty good. Thanks for the gameplay vid, RedR.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

^you're welcome... I'm sure you'll enjoyed the game.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:55 PM
iPad Air

Reminds me of Galcon (of course) but much more polished and with a more cunning AI.

If that was a computer opponent in the video, this one will likely provide a challenge for those of us accustomed to predictable opponents.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:59 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Reminds me of Galcon (of course) but much more polished and with a more cunning AI.

If that was a computer opponent in the video, this one will likely provide a challenge for those of us accustomed to predictable opponents.
yes, I'm sorry forgot to mention bout the AI. its a "clever" one and really hard to beat without a proper strategy.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:12 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
yes, I'm sorry forgot to mention bout the AI. its a "clever" one and really hard to beat without a proper strategy.
Yep, that is one devious AI. Fantastic!

Things I like:

1. Simple (not simplistic or crude) yet beautiful graphics (the teeny tiny little space battles that wage around the planet are a nice touch.
2. Cunning AI means that even a single enemy planet can be a real pain in the arse thanks to the AI's ability to hone in on your hinterlands.
3. Once you launch an attack, the attacking planet won't replenish ships until the battle is resolved. Rush tactics won't work very well here because conquests must be consolidated before moving on.
4. The color palette and soundtrack make this game surprisingly relaxing for a RTS.

Things I don't like: Nothing so far.

Thing(s) I'd like to see: randomly generated maps for endless play
Old 06-13-2014, 03:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm in love with this little gem Thank you Devs!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:05 AM

This is a fantastic game. Wonderful sound & cool graphics make this a gem. Gameplay is awesome. Trying to determine which planet go to after, how much to send & when, make all your decisions effect one another. Watching the AI send theirs right as you send off yours can drive you crazy when you both go after the same planet. But thats a good crazy. Quick send more units or do i let them get destroyed? Love that aspect of the game. You constantly adjust based on what is happening on the screen. Rarely does it go as i plan so i feel like im scrambling & changing tactics every move which helps the gameplay increase in the fun factor. They did a great job with this game.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:31 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

^just exactly what i feel bout this game. the developer did a great job with the AI. it feels like you are playing with human than a computer AI. this is an awesome games that need more attention...uh oh sorry did i mentioned bout it already?