★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Digit Defenders is released!

08-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Digit Defenders is released!

Hi,

Here at R.Cloud Software (you may know me from Spellwars), my most recent iPhone game called Digit Defenders has just been published. The game falls across the edu-tainment lines, and has content reach applicable for kids as young as 3, to as old as college level.

The key levels are the counting levels, which we ruthlessly refined to hold the attention of young children. We used familiar emojis as the icons, custom sounds for each icon (cats meow, dogs bark, planes fly), and use simple, brightly color-coordinated number pad to give children the best experience possible.

The iTunes app store link is: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=327055118&mt=8
The app webpage is: http://www.rcloudsoftware.com/digitdefenders

I appreciate you taking the time to look at our app, As an independent developer your support means a lot. And please leave a review and a rating...indie devs like us need community support to survive.

Thanks
Ryan
R.Cloud Software

Founder and CEO, R.Cloud Software
iPhone Apps: Digit Defenders, iLOLZ, Create-a-Cartoon Face,Create A Valentine
Currently Developing: Spellwars
Game Development Blog: rcloudsoftware.wordpress.com
08-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Some hard stuff for adults too!

Wow those quadratics and base conversions do test alertness don't they!

08-25-2009, 06:08 PM
good for kids

I'm gonna get this for my son, maybe he'll become a math wizard!
08-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cilibrar View Post
Wow those quadratics and base conversions do test alertness don't they!
Yeah, my partner on this app was a real genius. He's too smart for his own good you might even say. But, he coded up some crazy hard levels, which will be great to challenge those crazy college kids who think they can rock it.

I challenge all math wiz-kids to a Algebra level path on hard difficulty competition, post your best high score!

Thanks
Ryan

08-26-2009, 10:34 AM
The first levels are great for my kid (4 years old), but I can't believe you guys included base conversion! that's like, wayyyy over my head

Great game though, thanks!
Vic
08-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrapod View Post
I'm gonna get this for my son, maybe he'll become a math wizard!
So what's the feedback from the young guy... Does he like it? Does it keep his attention, as we so specifically designed the early emoji-levels to do?

Thanks
Ryan

08-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Actually, it does managed to hold ray's attention, which is more than I can say for most apps. Anything that he will look at for more than 4 seconds is a success...and your app does much better than that.

One suggestion, would be to have an option to make the numbers make sounds when you press them. The kids don't quite understand how it works immediately, and I think having more auditory help would make it easier for them.

But even as it is, it's still a success. Thanks!

vic
08-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
The first levels are great for my kid (4 years old), but I can't believe you guys included base conversion! that's like, wayyyy over my head
the hex conversion is particularly hard for me. i almost need a separate calculator to complete those levels! but it certainly is good practice, especially as a software engineer.

It would be nice to set an age range in the options. the counting levels are great for kids under 4 or 5. addition and subtraction are good for kids up to 8 years old. add on multiplication and division for a later age group and so on... Or, along those lines, have the ability to create your own path.
08-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goddess101 View Post
the hex conversion is particularly hard for me. i almost need a separate calculator to complete those levels! but it certainly is good practice, especially as a software engineer.

It would be nice to set an age range in the options. the counting levels are great for kids under 4 or 5. addition and subtraction are good for kids up to 8 years old. add on multiplication and division for a later age group and so on... Or, along those lines, have the ability to create your own path.
So like, for instance, rather than choosing a specific level path, have an option to enter your age, and have it choose a customized level path for the age range you fall into? That's a great idea. We do actually have code to support a bunch of other level paths, we just never found a good UI way to expose them. We're working on it for v1.1

Thanks
Ryan

08-27-2009, 02:55 PM
A math app spending from 4-6 to software engineers? Thats pretty impressive