App description: The first graphic adventure by Tim Schafer in sixteen years, Broken Age began two years ago in a historic, record-breaking Kickstarter campaign. Now it's here in all its beautiful, 2D, hand-painted glory, with an original orchestral soundtrack and an all-star vocal cast.

Broken Age is a timeless coming-of-age story of barfing trees and talking spoons. Vella Tartine and Shay Volta are two teenagers in strangely similar situations, but radically different worlds. The player can freely switch between their stories, helping them take control of their own lives, and dealing with the unexpected adventures that follow.

They said adventure games were dead, but then Broken Age punched its hand out of the grave and grabbed you by the wrist and you screamed just like in the end of Carrie except what you screamed was "I love adventure games so much!" And sorry I spoiled the end of Carrie.

Act 1 is available for purchase now, and Act 2 will be available as a free update on April 28th. Note: this app supports devices from the iPad 2 forward.

Key Features:

*All-star voice cast, starring:

Elijah Wood as Shay
Jack Black as Harm'ny Lightfoot
Jennifer Hale as Mom
Wil Wheaton as Curtis
Pendleton Ward as Gus
Masasa Moyo as Vella

*Original soundtrack, composed by Peter McConnell, recorded by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra

*Dialog Trees!

*Some jokes. Unless you don't think they're funny, in which case we totally weren't trying to be funny.

*A whole bunch of awesome PUZZLES

*This one really hard puzzle that you won't get but you'll look it up online and not tell anybody

*All your hopes and dreams
06-11-2014, 09:54 PM
This is a real surprise and a great treat! Loving this on the PC so far, the visuals and the voice acting are superb. Besides, it's Double Fine!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.

06-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Are you serious?

OMG ITS TRUE!!!

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 06-11-2014 at 10:01 PM.
06-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Are you serious?
Lol, that would be a bit mean! But yes, it's real

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.
06-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Playing VVVVVV while Broken Age is downloading. This can't be true!

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 06-11-2014 at 10:20 PM.
06-11-2014, 10:39 PM
This is a nice surprise for sure.
06-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
This is a nice surprise for sure.
Finding 5 bucks under the bed is a nice surprise. This is amazing!

Nothing about the release anywhere, not even on Double Fine's Twitter. I wonder if it was accidental.

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 06-11-2014 at 11:00 PM.
06-11-2014, 11:22 PM
OH MY FREAKING GOD YES!!!

Is...is this a dream? VVVVVV and Broken Age on the same day? I...this must be a dream

I can has more Super Hexagon/Boson X-esque games?
06-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Finding 5 bucks under the bed is a nice surprise. This is amazing!

Nothing about the release anywhere, not even on Double Fine's Twitter. I wonder if it was accidental.
Not a mistake, official promotion will likely start tomorrow. In the meantime, here's the trailer for the PC version, which is nearly identical to the iPad release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2ShKSQZQdE
06-12-2014, 01:22 AM
Yes this is a surprise for me.