★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any Professor Layton type games on the iPhone?

08-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Any Professor Layton type games on the iPhone?

I was wondering if there was any games similar to Professor Layton on the DS. I just noticed that the newest one just came out yesterday, and how awesome it would be to get one on the iPhone. I feel like the controls would cross over nicely and its "casual" enough to be played on the go with the iPhone.
08-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Layton is indeed awesome, but I doubt we'll ever see a game of that quality on the iDevices. (It requires insane production values to make a game like that)

07-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Check out Jim & Frank Mysteries : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=60468

Check out exciting Games for your iPhone, iPad and Mac at www.99games.in
07-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-F View Post
Layton is indeed awesome, but I doubt we'll ever see a game of that quality on the iDevices. (It requires insane production values to make a game like that)

Jim & Frank Mysteries is such a game - highly recommended!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Jim & Frank Mysteries looks like the closest you will get to it, though I haven't played it for myself.

But Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece is easily recommended from me. I have played that one, and I really like it, though it's a bit simplistic in the story department. Layton is, too, but there's a deal of complexity to the Layton stories that this game does not have...

I still recommend it, though

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
07-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Jim & Frank Mysteries looks like the closest you will get to it, though I haven't played it for myself.

But Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece is easily recommended from me. I have played that one, and I really like it, though it's a bit simplistic in the story department. Layton is, too, but there's a deal of complexity to the Layton stories that this game does not have...

I still recommend it, though
Why haven't you played it?
07-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
Why haven't you played it?
Because I've had other games to play and make progress in that have taken much higher priority? Does it matter?

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。